Nike Zoom Fly 2 Reviewed & Tested for Performance
The Nike Zoom Fly 2 is the much anticipated follow up to its well-known predecessor. The original runner struck a great balance between speed, responsiveness and cushioning. Many Zoom Fly lovers will be hoping for more of the same but somehow better, as is the case with sequel shoes. Runners who enjoyed the excellent transition and stability featured in the original shoe will enjoy the same in the Zoom Fly 2’s. A notable upgrade is the carbon rubber outsole which provides a marked improvement in traction and dependability. The sequel takes a step-up in overall ventilation and comfort too, via updates to the upper mesh, and durability is excellent for a lightweight shoe. Runners who like a nimble, flexible shoe that provides reliable stability for their everyday on-road training are bound to get good use out of these.
- Robust carbon rubber outsole with excellent traction that’s built to last.
- Light and flexible without compromising on stability.
- Seamless upper makes for a soft, pleasant feel.
- Upper mesh is breathable and flexible while still feeling secure.
- An attractive design and overall good-looking shoe.
- Super affordable given its features.
- Suitable for both road running and cross-training.
- Not ideal for the wider footed athlete, especially through the heel and mid-section
- Lack of support is the trade-off for responsiveness which can lead to blistering and pain under the foot with heavy use.
- Only available in 4 color options.
- I love my Nike Air Zoom Fly 2s. They are so comfortable that it is like I am not wearing anything on my feet but yet I still get the necessary cushion and support.
- I run about 5 miles in these almost every day and I have no pain or soreness in my muscles or joints. These shoes are so comfortable and they are now my favorite running shoe.
- These shoes are really well made and they are comfortable and they look good too so I would recommend them for sure.
- These trainers are nice and supportive. Very good shoes.
- The Nike Air Zoom Fly 2s are now my preferred running shoes because they are so comfortable. I can run miles a day in these without sore joints.
- I really didn't want to like the Air Zoom Fly 2 but after trying them on in the store and testing them on a treadmill I can honestly say I really like these shoes. My first run in these was 18 miles and I totally love them.
- I wouldn't be your typical user of this type of shoe as I am 68 years old and I run marathons. I suffer from chronic Achilles tendonitis and I love these shoes. I feel like they make me run faster and my tendonitis is much improved. Who would have figured that Nike Air Zoom Fly 2 shoe would be the one that would do it for me?
- I have no complaints about these shoes. Some people have complained about the carbon plate that they can feel and that it's uncomfortable but not for me. These shoes are very comfortable. As it pertains to running, that's really up to the person. It's a fast shoe in my opinion and has made me run faster because it encourages a faster tempo.
- For me, these shoes are revolutionary. They may not make you faster but they definitely don't slow you down. These shoes are very comfortable and cushiony.
- As a trainer, these shoes work for me. They are comfortable I simply enjoy running in them.
- This shoe is legit. In fact, I believe it's a game-changer shoe and other companies will copy it to create their next racing flat.
- The Nike Air Zoom Fly 2 may not be for everyone but I love this shoe.
- After trying several shoes these Nikes are most likely going to be my Marathon shoes. I don't mind the Comfort at all and they make me want to go faster. I feel that my stride is more efficient.
- I haven't worn Nikes in years and I got these on sale. These shoes are stiff but they are also fast.
- These shoes are definitely worth a try. I love the large toe box and how the heel locks. They have perfect cushion and to think I wasn't going to buy these because of the hype.
- I have no problem with these shoes whatsoever, in fact, I love the zoom fly 2. I did a marathon in these without needing to break them in at all. I've already bought 3 pairs to be my go-to shoes for my next marathon.
- I really like the fly 2 now that I've dialed in on my perfect size. I had to go way up to get a perfect fit. These help me during my tempo run and I love how adorable they are.
- These shoes are the best for me in terms of cushioning and protection. I can't speak to running because I'm not a runner. But I suffer from knee pain and this shoe is my solution.
- I bought these shoes on a whim about a month ago and as soon as I ran in them for the very first time I fell in love. I gave up my zoom streak 6 for these shoes. They're the best shoes I've run with in years.
- I was so excited to get my feet in these shoes. They are game changers for me. I've already set personal records in my 10K and a half-marathon in these shoes.
- Not for many users as they complain about the stiff plate and the intensive responsiveness not being comfortable.
- Too stiff for some users
- Run Small
The midsole also incorporates resilient compression moulded Phylon for durable stability, and Cushlon foams to further enhance the comfort factor of the shoe. As diverse as this midsole system is, somehow it remains lightweight but hard-wearing. It’s a delicately balanced midsole overall with a bias toward a speedy, responsive running style. Comfort isn’t an afterthought though; this shoe is just tailored to ensure responsiveness is front and center.
Cushioning is another facet that runners factor into their opinion of a shoe’s overall comfort. The Nike Zoom Fly 2 is a highly responsive shoe and has to trade-off a bit of that cushy-feel for road-feel underfoot. Seamless mesh in the upper has a nice feel that won’t cause irritation, and laces allow for easy adjustment. The Zoom Air cushioning system and the Cushlon foam in the midsole combine to give the runner excellent weight dispersion across the foot and a peppy spring-back response. The comfort factor overall in these shoes is excellent, and it is difficult to find a shoe this light and responsive that is also this comfortable.
- Air Zoom technology combined with dual layers of Phylon and Cushlon foam
- Carbon rubber outsole with outstanding grip and durability
- No-seam upper mesh that combines breathability and secure fit without feeling rigid.