Gringo Group ApS is a reputable digital media company which owns and operates several websites including: gearweare.com, walkjogrun.net, thegearhunt.com, runnerclick.com, sleeklens.com, borncute.com and thatsweetgift.com (collectively, these sites are referred to as “Gringo Group Services” or simply “Services” in this Policy).
- the types of information collected about you when you use the Gringo Group Services;
- how your information may be used and when it may be disclosed;
- your rights and how you can control this information; and
- how we protect your information.
Information you provide directly to Gringo Group Services
You are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit a site controlled by Gringo Group Services. We may ask you for different types of information when you register for our services (including newsletters), enter one of our competitions, ask to work with us, or directly contact Gringo Group Services. The types of information we collect include your:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address and phone number
- Username and password
- Age and date of birth
- Other demographic information, such as gender, job information, and postal code
- Public information, including profile information
- Communication preferences, such as which newsletters you would like to receive
- Correspondence you send to us
Information Gringo Group Services collects automatically
Gringo Group Services may collect certain information automatically, including:
- Your device type and settings, software used and browser type and operating system
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Websites or other services you visited before and after visiting a Gringo Group Service
- Web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on within Gringo Group Services
- Information collected through cookies
- Standard server log information
Information Gringo Group Services obtains from other sources
When you sign up using your social media account, we gather information including your:
- Profile Information
- Email address
- Friend and contact lists
USE OF INFORMATION
We generally use information we collect about you to:
- Fulfill your requests for services and information, including to send you electronic newsletters
- Enable you to participate in competitions
- Provide you with information, special offers and promotional materials on behalf of Gringo Group Services, companies within our corporate family, and third parties, in accordance with applicable law
- Analyze the use of Gringo Group Services and information about visitors to our Services to understand and improve our service offerings
- Customize the content you see when you visit a site controlled by Gringo Group Services;
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests
- Fulfill any other purposes that we will disclose to you either at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
There may be times times when we must share your personal data with others such as when, for example, we are required to do so by law, or to protect our business, or to protect our users. We may also share your personal data with others if we sell our business or a part of it. We also:
- Allow authorized third parties to track and store information about visitors to our website
- Disclose your personal data to those who are providing services to us if they have appropriate processes to protect your personal data
Otherwise, we will only share your personal information if you have consented to our doing so.
Amazon Services LLC
Gringo Group ApS is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which is an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
LEGAL BASIS FOR DATA PROCESSING
The legal basis we use to justify processing your personal data includes processing that is:
- necessary for the performance of the contract between you and Gringo Group Services (for example, to allow you to identify and authenticate yourself so you may use your account);
- necessary to comply with legal requirements (for example, to assist legal authorities in their investigations);
- necessary for our legitimate interests (for example, to manage our relationship with you and to improve the website and our Services); and
- based on consent you provide (for example, when you consent to us communicating with you about our products and services or provide you with marketing information).
We retain your accurate, up-to-date and complete personal data as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed and as long as needed in order to comply with our legal obligations (such as tax purposes).
GDPR RIGHTS FOR EUROPEAN UNION INDIVIDUALS
The law gives you certain rights in relation to your personal data. If you would like to exercise or discuss these rights, please contact us at: [email protected]
For data which we obtain and collect from you, you have the right to:
- Access this data and get a copy of it for free
- Make changes to your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate
- Restrict the processing of your personal data
- Ask us to erase your personal data
- Object to us processing your personal data
- Ask us to make your data portable
- Raise concerns regarding the use of your personal data by contacting the Danish Data Protection Authority at:
Borgergade 28, 5.
1300 København K
Tlf. 33 19 32 00
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We at Gringo Group Services are committed to protecting your personal information. We have appropriate technical, organizational, and physical procedures in place to protect your information. Please note that, as with any transaction, no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure; however, we will do everything we can to protect your information.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
Our company is registered and based in Denmark. In general, your data will be kept within the EU; however, there are times when we may transfer your data out of the EU. For example, we may use service providers not located in the EU to help improve our services to you. In such a case, we will only do so when we can provide an adequate level of protection to your personal data.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children. If we become aware that a child has provided personal data to us, we will delete such data as soon as possible. If you have information that your child or any other child is using our service, please contact us at [email protected]
USER GENERATED CONTENT
Gringo Group ApS
Kaffevej 41, 5 sal, th
You can contact us at: [email protected]