Asics GT 2000 4
Asics GT 2000 4 Review Facts
The Asics GT 2000 4 is Asics blow to the Nike line of running shoes. The shoe features a plethora of advancements over the previous model of the shoe; things such as being lightweight, overly comfortable, and form fitting are just a few. One of the key things to note about this model of Asics shoe is that it is extremely durable. The shoe can be worn in a variety of environments without worrying the wearer about constant breakage.
Editor's Pros & Cons
- Not very flexible in the heel
- These were a purchase for my husband. It's his second pair. He says that the fit is great. He is not a fan of bright color shoes so he loves the color of these too.
- I would definitely recommend this as a running shoe. I am a fan of the GT 2000 series and have been running in them for years. The cushion and support of 2000 4 feel better than 2000 2.
- I used to be a Reebok fan when I start wearing Asics. I needed something that I knew would support my weight and height while walking up to 12 miles a day. I bought size 11 4E after reading that these can run small and the fit is awesome! Love how cushy these are and the sturdy base.
- I intentionally waited to buy these to get a better price as the 2004 5s are out. I've been a wearer of Asics for years because they can be worn out of the box. These shoes have excellent cushioning and support the arches nicely.
- As a woman with a wider foot, I was sized in the store to ensure that I got enough room when buying a man's shoe. I recommend getting sized by a professional and trying before buying.
- These are great shoes. And the best that I have ever worn. Love how Asics makes shoes based on the health of the foot and leg first and the appearance second.
- I chose these shoes after doing the treadmill test in a store. I used to be that customer who chose a shoe based on the discount and my feet suffered due to lack of structure and support. What a difference these made. My feet no longer hurt. Worth every penny,
- I am a power walker and my feel pronate so I need a shoe that can fix that and provide great arch support. The Asics GT 2000 4 is fantastic! And I didn't have to break them in.
- There are so many good things about the 2000 4s that are worth the purchase. They offer great cushioning, and arch support. They are lightweight and affordable. I will be purchasing another pair.
- The fit of these is as advertised, no issue with that. There are black marks inside that at first I thought was a defect. But later learned these are indicators of the support system. Not very noticeable but I think this is something that should be advertised when a shoe cost this much.
- My husband works on his feet in a hospital all day. He has a history of bone spurs and has flat and narrow feet. He loves these shoes. He recommends them highly because they give him much needed comfort and support.
- It would be an understatement to say that I make sure I research a shoe before buying. I have to because have worn shoes in the past that weren't good and I ended up in pain, both in my legs and feet. I am standing for work and can easily do up to nine miles in a day. It's been three days in these shoes and I can honestly say I've never worn a shoe that is more comfortable.
- I am a big fan of these shoes as they are my favorite. I usually run about 2 miles every other day but I do want a quality shoe that gives great support for flat feet. You can't beat the price either.
- The best shoes for the money and for flat feet. They are very comfortable.
- As a pronator, I need a shoe that offers support while running and this is that shoe. These are the most comfortable pair yet and I've been wearing Asics for years. I did have to go a half size up.
- The sizing issue is real as I had to go up a half size but still a great shoe. There is a lot of support and cushion.
- I replace my shoes every fall and run about 400 miles a year. Haven't had any foot or knee pain while running in these. These are great for narrow feet also and provide good support.
- I wear my Asics every day and they fit great and are very comfortable. I will buy another pair to interchange with these.
- From a big guy who runs marathons, this is a great stability shoe. It held up well and I never get blisters.
- Not happy with Asics's customer service and warranty. I contacted them after my shoes fell apart after only a few months of wear. Terrible quality.
- After only one month of wear, the rubber begins to separate on my son's shoes. Not sure what's up with these shoes because I've purchased these before and they've lasted a long time.
- I am not new to the Asics brand as I been wearing them since 2011. These are too narrow.
The Reviewmeter shows you an overall score that you can easily refer to. The highest rating is 10 (100% positive feedback)
Of the 697 reviews we found in total, 17% were negative, and 83% were positive.
The outsole of the shoe is one that promotes both durability and flexibility. The Asics GT 2000 4 features Asics internal guidance system which enables the shoe to feel more natural while being used. This feature of the shoe allows for the shoe to bend with the movements of the user’s foot, limiting hindrance by the shoe itself. On top of this, the material that makes up the Internal guidance system is one that leads to better overall shock absorption as well. The outsole is made from Asics unique gel cushioning system, which boosts the durability of the material while also preventing injury to the wearer.
The midsole on the Asics GT 2000 4 is definitely unique, to say the least. The midsole is made from Asics own Fluiride system which is one that improves the overall comfort provided to the wearer. This system is fashioned from a combination of both Solyte and SpEVA, which results in it being able to function as both an above-average shock absorber and provides for cleaner rebound. The material that makes up the midsole of the shoe also makes the shoe somewhat firm; this results in a high level of stability and a clean overall ride.
The upper of the Asics GT 2000 4 has been totally remodeled. The shoe features protective features such as a heel counter and the mesh that makes up the upper of the shoe. These features allow for a high level of comfort to be achieved by the shoe without taking away from the flexibility and breathability of the overall shoe. On top of this, the shoe features materials such as the sock liner, which aid to prevent sweat accumulation on the inside of the shoe. Overall, the upper of the shoe is well-designed and made for running.
While the materials used in the creation of this shoe are lightweight, the Asics GT 2000 4 is still somewhat heavier than the previous models of the shoe. The use of coverings on the shoe and the extreme amount of cushioning that is present throughout the shoe adds to the overall weight. The combination of materials and layers used in the shoe’s design makes the Asics GT 2000 4 come in at a whopping 11 oz; this weight indicates that the Asics GT 2000 4 is definitely on the heavier side of the running shoe spectrum. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing considering the shoe’s functionality, but it should definitely be considered.
The material that is used in the upper of the Asics GT 2000 4 is of the more breathable variety. The engineered mesh upper of the Asics GT 2000 4 allows the shoe to retain a high level of airflow while the shoe is in use. The sock liner that is also present in the upper of the shoe allows the shoe to keep the foot dry without hindering the wearer’s comfortability in the slightest. This means that the shoe has a greater ability to provide the wearer with a high level of comfort while the shoe is in use due to the circulation that is achieved by the shoe.
The mesh upper and the high level of breathability that is achieved by the Asics Gt 2000 4 aids the shoe in providing a high level of comfort to the wearer. The upper and sole unit of the shoe both have been engorged with cushioning which also aids in the shoes’ efforts to provide cushioning to the wearer. The sole unit and the gel that it is made of conforms to the shape of the user’s foot also, resulting in a superior level of comfort to be provided to the wearer.
The Asics GT 2000 4 is definitely of the more stylish variety when it comes to aesthetics. The cut of the shoe, allows it to blend in with the style of the times and, along with the variety of colors, allows the shoe to be extremely versatile. This means that the shoe does a very nice job of being able to blend with a variety of clothing, even those that go outside of the realm of sportswear. The use of layering in the sole unit also gives the shoe an aesthetic edge over that of other shoes in it’s class.
The material that makes up the sole of the shoe and the coverings on the upper make for an overall durable shoe. The sole unit of the shoe features Asics gel cushioning material; this material allows the sole to flex with the movement of the user’s foot while also being able to keep up with a variety of terrains. The outsole’s level of durability is only topped by the make upper of the shoe. The upper on the Asics GT 2000 4 is designed from a combination of engineered mesh and coverings. The coverings keep both the mesh and the wearer’s feet safe.
The Asics GT 2000 4 has several features that provide the wearer with a high level of protection during their wear. The shoe has cushioning splashed all throughout both the upper and the sole unit of the shoe the cushioning on the upper of the shoe allows the shoe to provide the wearer with a sense of security in that they wouldn’t have to focus on keeping their feet out of harm’s way all of the time. The cushioning has a stopping power that prevents materials that lands on the user’s foot from dealing extensive amounts of damage to the wearer's foot. The sole of the shoe is on the thicker side as well, and the shock absorbing power of it prevents the user’s foot from experiencing high levels of fatigue during use.
The sole unit, in tandem with the upper of the Asics GT 2000 4, allows the shoe to provide an amazing overall ride for the wearer. The sole unit of the shoe is fashioned from Asics signature gel material which is known for its shock absorption abilities. This allows the shoe to take in the energy received during a run and to send it back out, resulting in an amazing overall ride quality. The upper of the shoe, and it’s engineered mesh make allows the shoe to conform to the shape of the user’s foot which also results in an amazing overall ride as well.
The Asics GT 2000 4 has several features that aid in its ability to provide support for the user’s foot. The use of the coverings in the upper of the shoe provides the outer parts of the user’s foot with a decent level of support; the heel guard gives the wearer a decent covering for the user’s heel, something that should be considered especially for those who strike the ground on this part of the shoe first when running. Also, the sole unit of the shoe provides the wearer with a decent level of support, mainly because of the cushioning that it has. The sole unit of the shoe features Asics gel material which is known for it’s firm but conforming nature. This allows the shoe to conform to the curve of the user’s foot providing an overall nice level of support.
The sole of the shoe can function well on a variety of terrains. This is because of the durable nature of the materials that make up both the sole unit of the shoe and the materials that make up the upper. The sole unit is made from a blend of materials, but the main gel make of it is durable enough to be used to run on the rougher terrains such as roads or trails. There are better shoes that can be used to run on trails though, just know that this shoe is an option. The upper of the shoe has a variety of coverings which protect the upper and the user’s foot while the shoe is in use.
The Asics GT 2000 4 is a bit on the higher side regarding price. The high price of the shoe can be attributed to both the shoe’s high-quality materials and the functionality that it provides. The high level of durability that the materials used in the shoe have, allow the shoe to be worn for extended periods of time without worrying the wearer about having to find a replacement. This, when compared to other shoes implies that the Asics GT 2000 4 has an extremely high value. The protective qualities of the upper on the shoe also enables the shoe to be able to provide the wearer with a decent level of comfortability and security as well, another thing that can be considered along with the price of the shoe.
The level of traction provided by this running shoe is definitely exceptional. The Asics GT 2000 4 features Asics Internal guidance system which enables the shoe to be able to bend with the movements of the user's foot; on top of this, the patterning that the sole unit has been designed to enable the user to get better footing while the shoe is in use. The sole features flex grooves which allow the shoe to be able to bend in a variety of ways, partly because of the internal guidance system included in the shoe’s design.
In terms of flexibility, the Asics GT 2000 4 seems to be designed for that effect. The shoe features Asics internal guidance system which allows the shoe to bend to the movements of the user’s foot; it also enables the shoe to allow the user to get decent placement on whatever area that they are on. On top of this, the sole of the shoe features a groove-like pattern which makes the somewhat firm material that makes up the sole of the shoe somewhat flexible. This improves the shoe’s overall dexterity while not taking away from the supportive features of the overall shoe.
The use of coverings on the upper of the Asics GT 2000 4 allows for an overall stable ride while the shoe is in use. The upper of the shoe is designed from engineered mesh, which allows the shoe to flex a relatively decent amount without taking away from the shoes ability to provide support and security to the wearer. Asics addition of cushioning throughout enable the shoe to maintain its shape during use and also prevents rollover. The sole of the shoe while being somewhat plush, is dense enough to give the user a sense of security to the same effect as the upper does.
The drop on the Gt 2000 5 is somewhat above average. The shoe features a drop of 10mm which means that the heel and the toe area of the shoe differ by about 10mm in height. This can make the ride experienced by the shoe feel somewhat out of the ordinary but, due to the comforting features in the sole unit, it doesn’t.
• Internal Guidance system
• Engineered upper
• Gel cushioning system
• Foam midsole
• Engineered upper
• Gel cushioning system
• Foam midsole
Overall, the design of the shoe is definitely above par. When it comes to running shoes, Asics has made sure to throw a decent amount of technologies into the design of the shoe, which somewhat explains the high price. The technology included allows the shoe to provide a high level of comfort to the wearer without taking away from the shoe’s overall dexterity. All in all, the Asics GT 2000 4 was a decent addition to Asics line of running shoes.