Salomon XA Pro 3D
When it comes to trail running shoes the Salomon XA Pro 3D goes above and beyond by filling all of their basic needs and then some. The shoe features an extra thick sole unit, which, when used on the trails that it is designed for doesn’t take away from anything. The shoe, being designed for trails, also features several technologies that allow it to perform with a high level of efficiency while in use.
- Upper provides a snug fit to the wearer
- Has an amazing level of traction
- Guards placed throughout
- Protective measures on the toe unit
- Liner that reduces odors
- Heel doesn’t provide enough shock absorption
- Not much support in the ankle
- Has a bit of weight to it
- These feel glove like for fit, the midsole is very comfortable and no hotspot issues, I do have wide feet but these do not fit to feel constrictive at all, I run hills and traction is very grippy even in mud, I was concerned that the Goretex would overheat my feet while running but no problems with this at all. The hills here have all types of surfaces and these shoe are proving to be comfortable and durable.
- Put these through a lot of trails during the year, in all seasons these have held up and given very good performance, love how waterproof these are without the feet getting too hot, the traction has worked great for me in all weathers, a nice trail shoe which was worth getting, I call these my good investment.
- I wore these for 4 weeks in Thailand, hiking everywhere, heavy rains, blistering hot weather, so many different surfaces, not a single blister or problem, the soles are very tough and thick, the cushion amounts to near perfect comfort, the lace system is smart and lots of protection for my toes
- Yes, I love these, they are fantastic for trails and hiking, I have read some reviews where runners complained about the break in time for these. My advice is be patient, put in the time because you will end up with a fantastic performing shoe.
- Trails can change surface conditions while I’m running and these can easily deal with the changes, the performance is outstanding, the comfort level is outstanding and protection from the wet really great, took awhile to break in these but it was worthwhile.
- I hike in rocky places so I need the grip that I get from these, wet or dry rocks, these grip and hold, the support for my feet feels absolutely great, for rocks I need durability and these give it, I worried that the goretex might cut down on breathability but no problems, my feet stay cool enough. The sole of these reminds me of tractor wheels, capable of taking on any type of surface, seriously recommend these highly.
- I put these through nine months of very tough running and hiking, recently they have started to show signs of wear but this is fine because I really do take shoes to the limit. If you want full support, top standard performance and comfort, I suggest you get these.
- In six months of regular running and some hiking, the only thing I have had to do is to change the laces, these shoes amaze me, they are a bit heavy but I think that because they are built for durability and support.
- I travel a lot and work overseas in different locations, I still run regularly and I constantly hit new environments and weather conditions, six months with these and they work everywhere, a super shoe for running.
- Love these for long hikes, nice support from the shoe arch area, lots of stability, amazing grip ability and having been caught out in heavy rain and mud I can confirm they are very waterproof. I have completed 550 miles and they are holding together.
- When hitting puddles both deep and shallow these do a good job at keeping most of the water out, when some gets in the shoes will dry out fast, if you go into water above the shoe top it’s going to get in these. Cushioing in these feels comfortably and gives very good support, the shoe will grip all surfaces and that's what I love about these.
- Perhaps not for everyone but for me the arch is too high in these, I can use it ok for hiking even with the arch problem but I won’t push it and try trail running in these. Waterproofing is good, the shoes are goretex so breathability is somewhat less but in exchange for the shoe performance, its a good deal.
- I was called out to work, I work in a reserve, on my feet for ten hours and the shoes let me down, my feet were incredibly sore after wearing these for a prolonged time. This could be difficult for long distance hiking.
- I failed at breaking in these, I tried for 4 days but these just make my feet very uncomfortable, not saying this is about the shoe design but perhaps my feet are just not right for these.
- I find these are comfortable if I move quick and constantly, when slowing down they become clunky and hard, the comfort level dips when not actively moving quickly. As far as waterproof, these are amazing, they do keep my feet dry even in very watery conditions.
- Really impressed by the waterproof level of these but after 3 months the tread is coming apart on the right shoe only, considering they are a hiking and trail shoe, I expected better durability.
• Endo-fit sock liner
• Mud guards
• Sensifit technology