Dansko Maria Review
Dansko is a brand renowned for the outstanding comfort they built in their designs. Originally developed as a traditional clog for the working class in 1990, Dansko shoes quickly became popular amongst medical professionals, teachers, chefs and flight attendants. They slowly built a number of die-hard Dansko fans and expanded their line by manufacturing, boots, sandals, heels, and flats that combined fashion and function.
Almost all Dansko clogs give prominence to the anatomically contoured arch support. Other attributes contributing to this world famous design is the rocker-bottom sole and the slightly raised heel, which is usually 2 inches tall. All these elements work together to increase shock absorbency and stability while alleviating feet and back pain and reducing fatigue after standing for long hours. When choosing the right shoe for support and comfort, Dansko styles may be the winner since almost all have the Seal of Acceptance from the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) and many of them are slip-resistant.
Featuring milled Scotchgard treated nubuck upper, with a leather-dressed well-cushioned footbed, the Dansko Maria boot is the design that we are going to be taking a closer look at today. With a rounded toe box and faux wood sole, this modern-style ankle boot has put smiles on many Dansko fans. And there is no reason why wouldn’t they. Dansko Maria boots are versatile and offer all-day support and comfort, making them an ideal pair for fall or winter.
Great arch support
Easy to clean
Toe box may be narrow for those with wide feet
- I was able to actually size down with these, and still was very comfortable. Great comfort.
- Perfect heel height, I have no issues with my knees in these!
- Great pair of stylish heel boots that I’m able to wear all day.
- I absolutely love these boots, they do run a little bit but the arch in these are amazing.
- Very supportive, ankle boot. I love Dansko, never regretted my purchases
- I own a ton of pairs of Dansko’s. They’re really good for your back, legs and feet. I don’t have to worry about slipping in them, plus they’re true to size.
- You won’t regret purchasing these I swear, they’re great. Lovely style and great comfort.
- Such a sweet pair of boots, super comfortable. I think these are probably my favorite pair of shoes.
- Working with children means I’m standing a lot, and these are perfect shoes for my all day standing.
- I get a ton of compliments when I wear these, I love the color and the style.
- Very comfortable and super easy to put on which I’m very grateful about.
- I love that these aren’t tight on my ankle, and a little taller than most booties.
- These are the perfect pair of boots, I sized up to make sure I could wear socks with these. Great quality and super study.
- Working in retail means hours of standing and these are the most comfortable shoes I’ve worn!
- I’m a restaurant manager, and I log a ton of steps per day. I’ve worn these every day for the past year. I think these are amazing.
- These shoes do not aggravate my plantar fasciitis. I love that they’re stylish and keep my feet comfortable.
- These are truly a wonderful pair of shoes, I looked for a long time to find the perfect ankle boot and these are them!
- Very elegant, super comfortable and I love their style.
- These shoes are the truth, they can do so much for you. They make very casual outfits super cute, you can walk the dog with these and your feet won’t even notice.
- Very true to size and comfortable. I love the width of the heels, makes it easier for standing all day.
- Some customers complained about shoe running narrow
Another great trait of the outsole is that due to the polyurethane foam, the shock absorption is increased and there is great energy return every time the wearer’s foot hits the ground. At last, the PU bottom of the design is finished by hand and brings about a durable and solid base for the boot.
When wearing boots with a heel, the heel is supposed to lift smoothly up from the sole. Having said that, the wide heel on the Dansko Maria style promotes great stability and the two inches height is perfect enough for support without giving any discomfort. The platform measures approximately 0.50 inches, making these boots an excellent choice for all those who stand on their feet the majority of the day.
The Maria model features a black stitching detail on all colors, which adds to the modern design of the boot. The boot is a low cut with a shaft measuring 4.5 inches from the arch, while the boot opening measures approximately 11 inches. There is a side zipper, placed inside for easy on and off. The foot rests on a leather cushioning and smooth leather lining for added softness and comfort.
The style is reported by many to have a minimum to no break-in period. However, even if the wearer experiences initial discomfort, the leather loosens up after a while and contours to the foot nicely. They are made to give a snug but comfortable fit to your feet, and at the same time help promote better posture, while minimizing backaches, foot, and leg pain. The Dansko Maria model tends to fit better on narrow feet, so if you have wide feet, you may want to make sure that you try them on first before buying them online. The leather lining helps control moisture and odor control, keeping your feet nice and dry, adding to the overall comfort.
These boots were designed for comfort and comfort you will get no matter where you take them for a walk ( as long as you don’t go rock climbing with them). According to customers, they perform well on cement floors, busy city roads, at work or even when you run after your kids in the park.
* Long-wearing polyurethane outsole for shock absorption and energy return
*Shaft measures approximately 4.5" from arch
*Heel measures approximately 2"
*Platform measures approximately 0.50"
*Boot opening measures approximately 11"
*Embedded steel shank for stability and support
*Cushioned, leather-wrapped footbed
*Inside zipper for easy on/off
*Roomy, rounded toe box
*APMA Seal of Acceptance
*Treated with a 3M Scotchgard protector for long-lasting stain resistance
The Dansko Maria style features a very soft leather upper and footbed which help make them comfortable right out of the box, and according to many buyers, there is no break-in period. Due to the leather upper, it stretches easily and very fast. They can be worn in all weather conditions so that you can get a chance to look stylish at all times. No matter what color you choose, rest assured each of your steps will be filled with confidence and security.