Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 34
The fact that Nike has been one of the most successful and reputable brands on the market for over thirty years is further corroborated by the new edition of one of their first models, the Pegasus. They have been updating it every year since its first release back in 1983, which is why the models have numerals, like the one in this review, the Pegasus 34.
For the most part, the Pegasus 34 kept to the original design of the Pegasus, which truly speaks of the quality of Nike’s shoes. However, it does feature some changes.
The Air Zoom Pegasus 34 is quite similar to the Pegasus 33 model when it comes to the midsole area and the upper of the shoe, with some minor changes. Namely, the Flywire cables are tucked under the mesh upper, instead of being fully visible and the laces are flat to counter the risk of untying. The upper also features more air holes for extra breathability and a reflective heel strip, which comes in handy for night runners.
One of the major improvements Nike added to the Pegasus 34 can be found in its name, the Air Zoom added to the forefoot portion of the shoe for maximized momentum. The outsole also received some improvement in the form of its waffle-like pattern, which provides excellent traction on most terrain types.
Nike’s Pegasus line has been loved for over thirty years and it’s not just for its functionality as an excellent running shoe. The Pegasus 34 features the iconic design and comes in many different color schemes to suit anybody’s taste. The price, while may not be the cheapest, is also justified by the legacy the Pegasus line created and the quality it guarantees.
- They fit true to size
- Highly responsive to movements
- Delivers excellent traction
- Offers a limited breaking-in period
- Extremely varied colorways
- Sturdy, but breathable, build
- Long-distance running friendly
- Double-knotting is necessary
- Comes untied quickly
- Toe-box is fairly narrow
- Picks up debris regularly
- Noticeably less pain in my feet after just one pair, very impressed with the quality.
- I run a lot, putting about 600 miles on my shoes. I only have to replace these shoes every 4 months or so which is great considering how much pavement they see.
- I love these shoes. I typically don’t wear Nikes but these are amazing. Lots of cushion and super lightweight.
- My daughter’s Doctor recommend these shoes to her to help with her tendonitis. This was a great recommendation, very spacious leaving enough room for her feet to move when she walks. Definitely buying another pair.
- Been buying this brand of shoe since the 80’s, the only running shoe I’d ever buy.
- I have fallen arches and needed a supportive running shoe. The Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 34 were recommended to me and I love them, extremely comfortable.
- I bought these after being recommended them, these are like walking on clouds, these are so amazing.
- Great pricing for such a great pair of shoes. I’m pretty picky when buying shoes, but I love these. They feel amazing on my feet.
- The Pegasus runs a little big for me, but these are one of the most amazing running shoes of all time.
- My wife has had some knee and joint pains, but these shoes really helped tremendously with her pain.
- These shoes are super comfortable, and help keep my feet in alignment. I love the color and style, would recommend these!
- Great shoe, very comfy. I haven’t ran with these shoes yet, but so far for walking they feel perfect.
- Purchased these after the zoom pegasus 33 weren’t available. The Pegasus 34 are super comfortable and very supportive.
- These fit great right out of the box. Super comfortable for my feet, I suffer from plantar fasciitis and very high arches. I get so much comfort and support from these.
- I wear these every day, since I retired. They look great and feel super comfortable.
- I don’t use these shoes for running, but I love how these fit and feel so comfortable.
- I broke the bottom of my foot a few years ago, and these shoes provide so much comfort for me. Nike did a good job with this shoe.
- I highly recommend this shoe to anyone who wants a super comfortable sneaker.
- Ordered a size up, and it fits super well. My husband has plantar fasciitis and was able to play tennis with these shoes without having to break them in.
- Very light and flexible, definitely worth the money. Perfect walking shoe and I’m able to wear these around the office or as a casual shoe.
- Some customers said shoe runs narrow.
- Some customers had to go up a half size.
One thing to keep in mind though if you’re going to run in them in cold weather is to wear thicker socks as it can get a little chilly because of the Flymesh upper. Another thing some customers noticed was that debris got trapped in the waffle tread outsole, so you might want to keep to clean roads if that sort of thing annoys you.
The Pegasus 34 features a Cushlon ST foam from EVA, which in addition to being extremely comfortable and lightweight, also provides excellent responsiveness. The rubber outsole implemented a waffle tread design that runs along the medial side of the shoe, giving superb traction and grip to the runner. Air Zoom units have also been added to the heel and forefoot portions of the shoe for additional shock absorption, relieving the feet from the stress of running.
Topped with a lightweight, breathable Flymesh upper that thanks to the Flywire cables found in the lacing system molds to the shape of the feet seamlessly, the Pegasus 34 is an excellent choice of a running shoe for both professionals and newbies. It comes in a variety of different colors and has a sleek design that goes with almost anything, making them good for even everyday use. All in all, the Pegasus 34 is a worthy successor to its predecessors and can be yours for an affordable price.