Asics Gel Venture 6 Reviewed
The new Asics Gel Venture 6 is a highly durable trail running shoe with excellent traction that trail runners worldwide swear by. This new iteration in the Venture series brought some innovations regarding the construction of the upper and the midsole. Asics used its Rearfoot Gel technology in its midsole to provide sufficient cushioning and shock absorption at the same time for a smooth transition. The upper is constructed from a synthetic mesh material that is highly breathable, yet structured enough to keep your feet in place during the ride. The outsole features Asic’s AHAR for durability and traction, while multi-directional lugs ensure a good grip on the ground. All of these features make the Asics Gel Venture 6 an excellent choice for trail running or just everyday road running, and the price tag is more than appealing.
- Breathable synthetic mesh upper
- Extremely durable
- Excellent grip and traction
- Reinforced sides and heel collar
- Enhanced flexibility
- Affordable price tag
- Lack of responsiveness
- Heavier than previous model
- Love these Asics Gel Venture 6, owned a few older series and will always be a solid fan. The price can’t be beat and they're a good running shoe.
- Great for people who are looking for a great fitting shoe that has high arches. Provides lots of cushion for hikes.
- Purchased shoes twice the price of this and always go back to the Asics Gel Venture 6. These always hold up, they beat any other running shoe.
- I bought these shoes because I have plantar fasciitis. These always provide great cushiony support in the heel and great arch support.
- Buying shoes for myself is tough. I ran across this shoe and they are amazing. Perfect for my foot and price budget.
- Great price for such an amazing shoe. Super light and comfortable, perfect for treadmill runs.
- These shoes are perfect for running, feels like I’m on clouds. Fits perfectly in all the right areas.
- I love the toe-guard in this shoe. I no longer have to worry about my toes poking out of my running shoe.
- I highly suggest this shoe if you’re looking for a diverse shoe that can cover all your running and every day needs.
- I use these for a my work and gym shoe. These are the best sneakers I have found. Asics Gel Venture 6 are my go to.
- This is a great tennis shoe. My husband purchased as his new gym shoe and loves them.
- I wear these shoes for long period of time everyday and they are super comfortable.
- Purchased for my son. Fits just as expected and withstands his every day wear.
- I run the trails with my dogs which can get messy. These are the perfect shoes to hide dirt and heavy wear and tear while keeping my foot supported.
- Tried other shoe brands have always came back to Asics, the Asics Gel Venture 6 are my favorite. Very sturdy around the toe area which helps when walking rocky trails.
- These fit perfect for my feet. I usually have trouble finding a good shoe that fits the wide parts of my feet, these fit perfectly. Very comfortable.
- These shoes are great if you’re looking for a good quality shoe with great traction.
- Purchased over a year ago. The Asics Gel Venture 6 have never lost their comfort. They are made with really good quality material.
- My job consists of walking around and having to stand on concrete for a long period of time. Usually my feet would ache after a few moments of standing but not with these shoes. The gel support is amazing.
- I ordered two pairs for my son, he uses these for chores around the house and for our local church. Never complains about any pain and has tons of arch support.
- The mesh area on the top of the shoe wears really easily for some.
- Depending on your foot, the laces seem to be tight near where you lace them up and tie the knot.
- According to some wearers may need to add extra gel support.
Reversed lugs cover the entire surface of the outsole for maximum traction. These lugs provide an excellent grip on any surface, dry or wet and are especially good for going up and down hills. Coupled with the flexible and durable AHAR, the Asics Gel Venture 6 provides an easy and smooth heel to toe transition for the runner. Runners can rest assured that they will not have any issues with debris while on their trail running either.
The tongue and collar of the shoe have plush padding for a comfortable fit around the ankles and the top of the feet, while the fabric lining inside the shoe is soft and breathable for a well-ventilated environment inside the shoe. A toe bumper has been stitched on to the toe box for extra protection, which comes in handy when dealing with trail running. All in all, customers were very pleased with the new and improved upper.
The synthetic mesh upper keeps the feet dry and cool throughout the ride and the inside lining is soft and breathable as well. The tongue and collar have a push padding for extra comfort around the ankles. Some customers found this running shoe a bit stiff until broken in, but the majority were pleased with how comfortable the Venture 6 was.
The Rearfoot Gel technology provides excellent cushioning and is durable as well. The synthetic upper, besides being very breathable, also protects against debris that can be found on trails and is abrasion-free. Customers were satisfied with how this running shoe held up under different conditions and praised its durability.
Durability comes from Asics’ one-piece AHAR outsole material, while the grip and traction come from the multi-directional lugs on the outsole. This running shoe performs terrifically on both trails and roads, making it very versatile. Asics also included a removable insert so that each individual can customize their Asics Gel Venture 6 to their needs. The only remark some customers had was the lack of responsiveness as opposed to the previous version. However, most customers were left very satisfied with the quality and performance of the Asics Gel Venture 6, not to mention its price tag.