Asics Gel Contend 4 Reviewed
Asics is well known in the world of running shoes, and not without a reason. Ever since they started making shoes, they delivered on quality and performance and this includes the Gel Contend 4 as well.
The new Gel Contend 4 is a highly durable running shoe that doesn’t lack in comfort and stability. Many runners praised the new addition to the Contend line as one of the most comfortable running shoes they have ever worn. It also features a wider midfoot and toe box to suit people with various foot shapes and sizes and gives enough support for those who struggle with mild overpronation.
The Gel Contend 4 also comes in a variety of colors, from extravagant to basic color schemes, making sure to cater to everybody’s style and preference, while still being very affordable.
- Very breathable upper
- Removable Ortholite sockliner
- Wider midfoot and toe box
- Highly durable
- Excellent traction
- Suitable for longer runs
- Lacks the support
- Fits a bit looser
- I’d recommend this shoe for runners. Very happy. Support is great and my feet are able to breathe.
- Been a fan of Asics for a long time. I bought this pair for not only my myself, my son and spouse too. They’re great. Great arch support which has always been a struggle with me. We all love them.
- I wear a large size and usually have to be purchase wide, not with these. These are perfect and I am so happy.
- Great value. I wear these when I workout on my break. I love these so much that i own 3 pairs.
- Purchased a different pair before for my son, wasn’t pleased. These thankfully are everything. I’ll be ordering them again.
- Asics has always been my favorite brand for running shoes. I have wide feet and these feel great. I have plenty of room in the toe box area of the shoe as well as my heel.
- I love these shoes, even purchased them in a few different colors. These are very comfortable and the tread on the shoe is amazing. I wear these daily.
- These shoes are really nice, I use them for running. Perfect, love them.
- Purchased these for my husband and he loves them. Can’t beat the price, great brand.
- I don’t have any joint or foot pain when wearing this shoe. I love that I didn’t have to add any extra padding either for support.
- Love this shoe. Great quality and great selection of colors.
- Very good so far. I don’t have any issues with my usual shoe size not fitting, fits true to size.
- I bought these for my dad who is a senior citizen. They give him great comfort and provide great support. I would recommend to anyone looking for great comfortable shoes.
- Purchased these for a very basic work shoe, and these are perfect. Provide great support and my feet don’t hurt.
- I was looking to replace my running shoes and purchased a few pairs to see which ones I like best. I have absolutely no complains with these. They’re super comfy and hold up for my mile long trips.
- These are my son’s favorite pair of shoes. They are versatile shoe and they hold up for a very long time.
- I over pronate and the Gel contend 4’s are a great. They are better than any other super expensive pair of shoes I have purchased.
- I purchased the Asics Gel contend 4 to replace 3’s that I’ve used for years. These are great. Very lightweight.
- I’m a huge fan of Asics, this particular pair doesn’t fall short. These shoes never needed to be broken in, they were great straight out the box.
- I purchased these shoes for use in the gym. Exceeded my expectation. Provides great support, would recommend to anyone.
- Customers felt the shoe may run a half size small.
- Some customers added their own insoles for support and more comfort.
The AHAR rubber is a high-quality rubber patented by Asics that provides excellent grip and traction on dry and wet surfaces equally. In addition to this, it is extremely durable and offers a great deal of protection for the runner during use. The blown rubber used in the forefoot region of the outsole serves as additional cushioning while flex grooves have been included for flexibility and enhanced traction.
The outsole also features a Guidance Line, a vertical line stretching from the forefoot to the heel of the shoe. The purpose of this line is to allow for a smooth transition during the gait cycle.
Another great feature of this midsole is the Rearfoot Gel Cushioning, which, as the name suggests, is located in the heel of the shoe. The Rearfoot Gel Cushioning is made of silicone and serves the purpose of shock absorption. Not only does this offer the wearer protection against injuries but it transforms the absorbed shock into energy for a springy ride.
The midfoot and toe box is quite roomy on the Gel Contend 4, while still providing stability, which made plenty of people happy, especially those who have wider feet and need the extra space.
Inside the upper, there is a removable Ortholite sockliner, which offers extra cushioning. It is also anti-microbial and anti-odor, which combined with the breathability of the upper make this running shoe an excellent choice for those long runs.
The tongue and collar of the Gel Contend 4 come with extra padding for a comfortable, snug fit around the ankles that doesn’t create blisters and the lacing system is quite simple yet highly effective for keeping the feet secure.
The Gel Contend 4 is suitable for those with mild overpronation issues since it provides sufficient stability. The upper is now made of a soft mesh material that allows the air to circulate freely throughout the shoe, helping with keeping the feet dry and cool. The extra padding in the collar and tongue coupled with the standard lacing system provide stability for the ankles, while the wider midfoot and toe box is excellent for people with various foot shapes. The Gel Contend 4 comes in a variety of color schemes, making this shoe a great choice for working out or even just casual wear. All in all, the Gel Contend 4 is an excellent, high quality running shoe that will last you a long time and won’t exhaust your wallet.