Asics Gel Exalt 3
Asics Gel Exalt 3 Review Facts
Asics sought to provide consumers with a reasonably-priced, comfort-fitting, sturdy shoe in the design of the Asics Gel Exalt 3. The shoe features various technologies that allow it to provide wearers with a decent and overall comfortable feel. The shoe has a design that allows it to last for extended periods of time with no issue and gives the wearer a good length of time to wear without inflicting damage on the wearer’s foot. The sole unit of the shoe gives the wearer a decent amount of time to be worn without worrying them about the possibility of having to find replacement shoe.
Editor's Pros & Cons
- A bit heavy
- It's been two months and many miles and still loving these shoes. Very comfortable and supportive.
- I have two pairs: one that I wear walking and the ones that get the most wear fast. One that I use for shorter runs and I anticipate these will last longer. Since wearing the Gel Exalt my plantar fasciitis is much better. These are delightful shoes.
- One leg is partially paralyzed and most of my life I worked in retail and that means on my feet all day, Needless to say, the shoes that I pick are doubly important. Most people rely on their muscles I have to rely on the shoe to be able to move and these shoes are perfect.
- This shoe fit the bill for my overpronation. I run on concrete and that can be brutal on my feet. Having Morton's Toe, this shoe is a necessity.
- I like the comfort and stability. The Gel Exalts run larger so they may be better suited for running on a treadmill.
- I've always been a fan of Asics and the Exalt 3 had a good price. It provides good air flow, much better than previous Asics that I've worn.
- I have a downstairs running regimen and this shoe has been my go to. I love the cushion and support that it offers. I have been very impressed with the quality of the ASICS.
- My son says these are great shoes. For the first two days of school, he wore them all day. He's been wearing them off and on since school has started. He has a high arch and these support him well while many other brands do not.
- These seem to be true to size, the fit is great and they feel good on my feet also. I'm never disappointed when I Asics Gel Exalt 3s for running and for working out.
- The gel exalt is the best shoes that I've ever worn and they help with overpronation. I like the way they look and I like the price. I will be getting another pair.
- For this year these will be my go-to shoe. I've tried other brands but I've always come back to these because they're my favorite.
- Asics Gel-Exalt 3s are good for long-distance running and they hold up well in terms of wear and tear.
- These shoes are very comfortable. Even though I have a narrow foot I prefer a wider toebox and the Exalt worked perfectly.
- I picked these out for my son who has Sever's disease and so far no pain. He loves the color of them too.
- Asics Gel Exalt 3 shoes are very comfortable, especially with my tendinitis. So far they have been better than any other shoe that I've tried.
- I am a large guy over 300 pounds and this shoe supports me nicely. In fact, better than any of the shoes that I've tried in the past. I love the shoes and they are very comfortable.
- These are the sixth pair of Asics that I've owned and they are excellent shoes. Every pair of Asics that I have owned has worked out great.
- I just love that I can with these shoes all day and my feet don't hurt. Asics Gel Exalt 3s are very comfortable shoes.
- I'm a fan of the shoes because they're sturdy, have enough cushion and they're lightweight. I work in a warehouse and I'm on my feet a lot. I can easily do 10 miles a day in these. I usually go through a pair of these every 4-5 months.
- I love the fit and comfort of these. This is my third pair.
- These are great shoes but they run small.
- The quality of the shoe is not as expected as the stitching is unraveling after only a few weeks
The Reviewmeter shows you an overall score that you can easily refer to. The highest rating is 10 (100% positive feedback)
Of the 555 reviews we found in total, 10% were negative, and 90% were positive.
The outsole of this design by Asics has features that allow it to have a long life when used on the usual road surface. The sole unit of the shoe is fashioned from Asics’s AHAR material and functions well enough to provide the wearer with a decent length of time before the material itself breaks down due to the constant use of the shoe. The shoe also features a guidance system that comes in the form of a split along the sole unit of the shoe; this split gives the wearer a decent amount of balance and encourages stability for the wearer of the shoe.
The midsole of the shoe is designed from a combination of SPEVA foam. This material allows the shoe to be relatively responsive and gives the wearer a decent amount of bounce during their time wearing the shoe. The impact resistant nature of the shoe also reduces the effects that the constant running can have on the wearer’s foot. This translates into a comfortable run for the wearer as well as improved transitions during the wearer’s time in the shoe. The shoe also has more of the material paced in the heel of the sole unit, which allows the shoe to provide the wearer with a decent level of comfort and support for that area of the wearer’s foot. The midsole of the shoe also features Asics’s renowned Duomax system in the design.
The upper of the shoe is a combination of overlays and a mesh material that allows it to provide the wearer with a comfortable form-fitting ride for the duration of the shoe’s use. The upper of the Exalt allows the shoe to conform to the shape of the wearer’s foot (to an extent) and allows for a decent range of motion to be present in the shoe’s design despite the stitched overlays that are present on the upper. The use of the mesh in the design also allows the shoe to relatively breathable which in turn reduces the amount of sweat produced by the shoe.
The entirety of the Exalt is a somewhat heavy shoe. The shoe’s use of mesh in the upper and the slim cut of the sole unit insinuates that it should be relatively lightweight while on foot. Overall, the Exalt weighs in at 10.7 oz for a men’s size 11; this allows the shoe to provide the wearer with decent transitions and aids in the range of motion provided by the wearer of the shoe. The Trusstic System that Asics created allows them to reduce the weight of the shoe while ensuring that there is still stability present in the shoe’s design.
The upper of the Exalt is designed from engineered mesh. The use of this material in the shoe’s design allows it to achieve extremely high levels of air flow while in use. This also reduces the levels of sweat that accumulate in the inside of the shoe during extended periods of use by the wearer of the shoe. Asics placed various overlays throughout the shoe’s design with a desired purpose of providing the shoe with a bit of stability and structure; in most cases, this would reduce the level of air flow allowed inside the shoe and result in increased discomfort for the wearer, not with this shoe though; the way that the overlays on the upper of the shoe are placed allows the shoe to retain it’s high level of air circulation. The upper’s mesh is also perforated which does even more to reduce the level of sweat inside of the shoe.
The Exalt has a design that incorporates several technologies whose sole purpose is to provide the wearer of the shoe with a comfort-full ride. The upper’s mesh I rather malleable and provide the wearer of the shoe with a high level of comfort because of this. The sole unit utilizes the SPEVA foam and conforms to the curves of the wearer’s foot; this, along with the DUOMAX support system allows the shoe to provide the wearer with a decent level of support while the shoe is on foot.
The cut of the Exalt is that of a running shoe. The style is rather sleek and is best displayed when worn with other athletic gear, especially the ones that go with it’s sport. The design isn’t gaudy and allows the wearer to mix and match the shoe with various other clothing items. It is also important to mention that the shoe comes in various colors which means that the wearer has a bit of choice in what they have to wear with any particular outfit. Asics did a great job of masking the technologies that are present in the shoe’s design without giving the shoe a mute design; this isn’t the easiest task and increases the shoe’s wear-ability.
The Exalt has a design that allows it to be worn in various places without giving the wearer any worry in terms of longevity. Despite the upper’s use of mesh in it’s construction, the shoe can still withstand a decent level of abuse; this is partially due to the placement of the plastic overlays in the shoe’s design, which work to provide the shoe with a bit of dexterity. The sole unit of the shoe utilizes 2 technologies that provide the shoe with a decent level of longevity; AHAR rubber and SPEVA foam. The AHAR rubber primarily works to provide the wearer of the shoe with a decent amount of traction but is also quite durable. The foam in the midsole is inherently durable and retains its level of responsiveness even after extended periods of use in the shoe.
The Exalt’s design incorporates a few elements that give the shoe a bit in terms of the level of protection that it provides to it’s wearers. The upper of the shoe has a primary mesh design that also features various plastic overlays placed throughout; the plastic overlays give the shoe a bit of dexterity and reduces the possibility of the shoe being penetrated by outside materials. The sole unit of the shoe is also relatively thick and works to prevent the entrance of materials into that portion of the shoe’s design.
The sole unit of the Exalt was specifically designed to ensure that the wearer received an overall high level of responsiveness during their time wearing the shoe. The midsole of the shoe is designed primarily from SPEVA foam and conforms to the shape of the wearer’s foot rather easily; this reduces the impact of the run that is felt by the wearer and improves the overall comfort levels of the shoe. Also, the AHAR rubber that is present in the shoe’s design allows the shoe to handle relatively well during high-intensity periods and allows the shoe to provide a decent level of responsiveness during their wear.
The midsole of the Exalt is rather cushioned and provides the wearer with a decent level of support during their time in the shoe. The SPEVA foam that was incorporated into the shoe’s design conforms to the curves of the wearer’s foot as well as provides a decent level of cushioning for various areas of the wearer’s foot as well. The use of the Duomax system in the sole unit allows the shoe to provide a decent level of support for the wearer’s curves during wear; this results in less fatigue of the foot and enhanced comfort during wear. The upper of the shoe and the overlays present enable the shoe to provide the wearer with a fair level of support for the curves of the outside of the foot as well.
The Exalt was designed for use on developed terrains. This shoe was designed to provide the wearer with a decent grip on surfaces such as roads and the like. The level outsole on the shoe enables it to deliver a high-level of functionality on the developed surfaces, a functionality that would most likely be ruined after a few uses on a trail.
The Exalt is actually very well-priced. The entirety of the shoe’s design is one that has various technologies placed throughout that work to improve the user's experience with the shoe. The sole unit and the cushioning within gives the shoe a fairly high level of responsiveness allowing it to handle relatively well on various surfaces and during various activities; the inclusion of the Duomax support system enhances this effect of the shoe. This alone justifies the price of the shoe and insinuates that the wearer receives a decent level of value during use.
The sole unit of the shoe is designed primarily from AHAR rubber. This material, as the name states, is extremely abrasive and enhances the level of grip received while the shoe is on foot. The patterning of the sole unit also improves the grip provided by the shoe during use; the patterning is relatively basic but due to this quality, allowing the wearer of the shoe to receive a high level of functionality during use. The separation of the sections in the outsole into different parts also allows the shoe to receive a high level of functionality during use.
The design of the Exalt also promoted the overall flex of the shoe during use. The upper of the Exalt is designed from a combination of mesh along with a few plastic overlays placed here and there; this enables the shoe to bend rather easily without compromising the shoe’s structural integrity. The sole unit of the shoe is a bit on the firm side due to the inclusion of the SPEVA but still manages to flex rather well while the shoe is on foot; this results in an overall comfortable feel for the wearer of the shoe coupled with a high range of motion while the shoe is in use.
One of the primary qualities of the Exalt is that it provides the wearer with a fair level of stability while in use. The sole unit of the shoe is divided into their two different sections which allow it to spread the weight of the shoe rather easily while on foot; this results in a high level of stability to be given to the wearer which in turn allows for a decent level of security in movement to be provided as well. The upper has various plastic overlays that allow the shoe to be rather stable and enhance the shoe’s ability to maintain it’s level of integrity during wear.
The drop on the Exalt is about the average for shoes of its class. The heel-to-toe ratio on the shoe is about 10mm which allows the shoe to have smooth overall transitions while the shoe is on foot. The addition of the foam in the heel of the shoe adds to the overall drop but serves it’s intended purpose.
• AHAR technology
• DuoMax support system
• Trusstic system
• Gel cushioning
• DuoMax support system
• Trusstic system
• Gel cushioning
The design of the Exalt is perfect for those who are seeking a shoe to wear during the longer runs. The shoe is highly cushioned and provides a fair level of support for it’s wearers. The design of the shoe is one that enables it to have a high level of functionality as well as longevity during it’s periods of use. On top of all of this, the shoe is inexpensive, which means it inherently has a good level of value.