Adidas Own The Run Jacket Review
Adidas is a company that focuses on athletics, they strive to give athletes great quality products to help them achieve their best. They believe that through sports people have the power to change lives and they want to be right there to help you do that. Their goal is to the best sports company in the world, and they are doing a pretty good job reaching their goal. It might have started out of Germany, but Adidas is definitely a global company and a household name, reaching as many consumers as possible.
The Own The Run jacket by Adidas is designed to help runners get out there and enjoy their workouts, without letting a little rain stop them. The water repellant fabrics make the rain roll right off of you, keeping you dry. The materials will also keep you protected from the wind, keeping you warm as well. Customers love this jacket, and it comes highly recommended. It has a steep price point, but it has a durable construction and it comfortable, making it a decent investment. As long as you take care of the windbreaker, it can be part of your running apparel for years to come.
360-degree reflective detail
High price tag
Runs slightly large
The primary material of the jacket is polyester. 56% of it being your basic poly while the other 44% is recycled polyester, helping keep them a little green and helping out the environment. It is constructed with overlocking seams allowing the stitching to remain durable so it will not literally fall apart at the seams.
More than actually providing you comfort, it does a phenomenal job at preventing discomfort. The water repellent and wind resistant materials that make up the jacket protects you from the elements very well, keeping you dry and warm on those wet and murky days. The lightweight construction doesn't weigh you down at all so you can get your running in without feeling like you're carrying extra weight along with you. Additionally, it has a relaxed fit, so it is not going to feel too tight and restricting, giving you the ability to move freely and comfortably.
The windbreaker features 360-degree reflective detailing for added visibility if you are heading out in lower light conditions. The logo on the chest is reflective, as are the three stripes on each of the sleeves, giving you some excellent detail and extra protection. As this jacket is great for those heading out when it is rainy and gloomy outside, having this additional reflective detailing is an excellent addition to keep you safe while you're enjoying your run.
Another thing to note, some reviewers stated that the sleeves are just a little too long so if you have shorter than average arms they might not work the best for your body and you might want to consider a smaller size or a different option.
The jacket itself is thin, but do not let that fool you. It is built sturdy. The overlock stitching in the seams ensures they are not going to easily come apart, preventing holes in the along the seams. The thin fabric will not tear easily either, helping improve the overall durability of the product.
The Own The Run has a pretty high price tag, coming in high on the spectrum when compared to some other running jackets on the market. It is pretty good quality and will last you a while if it is taken care of properly, so many consumers do not mind the high price tag.
The jacket has a full-length zipper that measures in at about 27.5 inches (69.75 cm) with a mock neck that measures at approximately 3 inches (7.5 cm).
The jacket has elastic cuffs and waist for added comfort and security. This is going to help keep the wind from traveling up the bottom of the windbreaker or through the holes in your sleeves, cooling you down when you are trying to stay warm. One thing this jacket does not have is a hood, but that does not seem to be a deal breaker for most runners.
The Adidas coat is available in both men's and women's styles and you will get different color options depending on which one you choose to order. Men can choose from solid black, black and grey camo, white and khaki camo, or cyan, marine, and ink camo. Women have fewer options, coming on only ash grey or black. Regardless of what color you decide to buy you will get to take advantage of 360-degree reflective detailing so you can be sure to stay visible even in low light conditions.
Of course, you can use this product for more than just a running jacket, but that is the primary purpose of it. If you just want a nice coat to wear in the rain or something that looks great to wear around as an everyday spring jacket, then this will work great for you. No matter what you are up to, this coat will do an excellent job at keeping you both warm and dry.