Adidas Terrex Swift R GTX
Adidas Terrex Swift R GTX Review Facts
The Adidas Terrex Swift R GTX is the mother of all trail shoes. The shoe features material which enables it to provide a much higher level of flexibility than that provided by other shoes while also delivering a high level of traction. On top of these things, the shoe features a waterproof upper which is also breathable enough to keep up with the constant motion that these shoes are purchased to deal with.
Editor's Pros & Cons
- Amazing traction
- A lot of cushioning in the toe area
- Tight on wider feet
- I find these are very stylish for a hiking shoe, durability is top rate, really like the level of waterproof and the shoes do give the needed breathability, on trails of any type I have found that the traction is amazingly good.
- Like these, they look good and are certainly rugged and reliable for superior support, even though these are waterproof my feet still breath comfortably, fantastic grip on trails and climbing over rocks. These are good on mountains in all weathers.
- What sold me on these is the grip capability, they can be worn for trails, climbing, scrambling up mountain slopes, no matter what the weather these are so comfortable and protective, love how water proof these are while still giving ventilation. Super hiking shoe.
- I hike mountain routes and I run trails, I will do this in all types of weather apart from severe deep snow and these shoes perform better than any purpose designed hiking boot. All the right features such as fully protective from the wet, perfectly good grip for all terrains and highly supportive for my feet.
- The best trails shoes around, I swear nothing else impresses me as much as these shoes for trails and challenging environments. Highly durable, comfortable, super rugged and protective.
- I respect this type of shoe, its so well built and designed, these are waterproof but the ventilation for wick and cool feet is also designed into these. Very supporting on all challenging surfaces, the shoe works for running and hiking and it easily scores 5 golden stars.
- These shoes perform to the highest standards, I run in these on very tough trails in any type of weather and these are perfect. I hope this shoe does not get changed due to updating because this shoe is absolutely perfect, keep it as it is.
- Love the lace system it helps to secure a very already secure shoe which makes these perfect for trails, fell running or simply hiking up very difficult mountains. Lots of support, lots of protection, very waterproof and very comfortable, these are amazing.
- These do feel a tad heavier than I usually use, the sole will not contour to objects like small rocks which can result in sliding, I’m not over faulting these, they are good in every other way.
- I can’t get comfy in these shoes, its the lacing system it creates areas of pressure on my feet and this is not comfortable.
- Worn these for hiking in all weathers once a week on weekends, 6 months and the sole is blowing away from the main shoe.
- It’s a good shoe but for me the support stops shot of supportive at the ankles, I also have high arches which further complicates wearing these, otherwise they are a nice shoe.
- These are heavy but usable, if I hit the deeper water then the shoe does get wet inside while it is draining the weight is too much.
The Reviewmeter shows you an overall score that you can easily refer to. The highest rating is 10 (100% positive feedback)
Of the 745 reviews we found in total, 8% were negative, and 92% were positive.
The Adidas Terrex Swift R GTX being a trail shoe features an outsole that promotes both grip and durability. The outsole is designed with Adidas Traxion rubber which enables the shoe to achieve the high level of grip that it does; it is able to do so even in extreme temperatures, regardless of the terrain. There are raises in the sole unit that act as the patterning, which also aids the shoe in giving the amazing grip that it does. On top of this, the backside of the sole unit has a grooved patterning which adds diversity to the sole, also improving the grip.
The midsole of the shoe is designed from a dense foam which enables the shoe to provide a supportive, yet comfortable, ride. The midsole of the shoe also features protective plating which enhances the shoes protective capabilities. On top of this, the shoe features an Adiprene insert in the heel, which provides the wearer with a decent level of both comfort and support during use. The midsole unit of the shoe itself is designed from a high-density EVA foam, which as mentioned earlier, is the reason why it provides so much comfort to the wearer.
The upper of the shoe is layered to provide the wearer with a decent level of both protection and comfort. The Adidas Terrex Swift R GTX features an abrasion resistant mesh, which takes away from the discomfort felt by the shoe from the rubbing of the material against the feet while running. On top of this, underneath the mesh itself, Adidas has placed a Gore-Tex membrane; the reason why the shoe holds up so well in wet conditions. The form fitting nature of the mesh material enables the shoe to provide a secure fit to the wearer while in use on strenuous terrains such as the trails. The upper of the shoe also features easy-tie lacing, which aids the shoe in being formfitting and prevents it from slipping off during use.
The Adidas Terrxx Swift R GTX is a relatively heavy shoe; this is what is to be expected of a heavy-duty trail shoe such as this one. The shoe has several layered elements which add to the weight of the shoe, such as both the upper and the sole unit. The upper of the shoe has layers of both mesh and Gore-Tex which aid the shoe in achieving the level of breathability and water resistance that it does. On top of this, the sole unit is relatively thick to give the wearer ample protection.
The upper of the shoe is designed from a combination of both mesh and a Gore-Tex material which aid the shoe in achieving the high level of breathability that it has. The Gore-Tex technology that is present in the upper of the shoe is the main reason why the shoe is known for being as waterproof as it is. While it keeps liquid from seeping into the shoe, it also aids the shoe in the breathability category. This is to say that the material, in a variety of climates, allows the shoe to keep up high levels of air circulation during use. On top of this, the upper of the shoe feature a molded sock-liner which also aids the shoe in achieving the high level of breathability that it does.
The Adidas Terrex Swift R GTX is designed in such a way as to promote overall comfort during use. The upper of the shoe is designed from mesh material that is known for being form-fitting and flexible. The upper of the shoe also features a design that incorporates the use of sock-liners within. The sock liner on the inside of the shoe gives the shoe the moisture-wicking property that it has on the inside, enabling it to prevent sweaty feet. The shoe features a heel insert which gives the heel of the shoe something to rest on, providing maximal comfort to the wearer. The use of the EVA foam in the midsole of the shoe also works to give the shoe the high level of responsiveness that it has, resulting in a comfortable ride for the wearer.
This trail shoe is quite stylish. The Adidas Terrex Swift R GTX comes in a variety of colors and features a slim design which blends in well with the design of shoes nowadays. The slim cut and the color-blocking throughout the sole unit of the shoe adds some visual attractiveness. The use of coverings on the upper of the shoe doesn’t even seem to take away from the visual appeal of the shoe which is something to say because of the model of shoe and the fact that it is designed to be taken out for use on trails.
The Adidas Terrex Swift R GTX, being designed for primary use on trails, has all the things necessary for those areas. The sole unit of the shoe is designed from a thick rubber compound which is designed to give the wearer of the shoe the ability to handle the strenuous terrains such as the trails. The shoe features a decent amount of protective plating throughout which also give the shoe the ability to withstand the effects of the rigorous terrains that it is used on. Waterproofing the upper of the Adidas Terrex Swift R GTX prevents the effects of the continuous seeping of moisture into the shoe from causing damage.
The Adidas Terrix Swift R GTX has various plates placed throughout both the upper and the sole unit, which protect the wearer’s feet from the effects of the harsh trail surfaces. The use of heel coverings and toe coverings on the upper of the shoe allows the shoe to protect the wearer’s feet from any surprises while in use. The sole unit has a variety of plates placed throughout, which also do their job to protect the wearer’s feet from the effects of the harsh ground. The materials that make up the midsole of the shoe do their job to give the wearer a decent amount of cushioning and support. The shoe utilizes a combination of EVA and Adiprene foam to maintain the rebound that it has and to also make the sole unit relatively firm.
The sole unit of the shoe features a combination of both Adiprene and EVA foam, which do their job to maintain a decent level of responsiveness for the wearer of the shoe. The midsole of the shoe is designed from a layer of EVA foam which gives the wearer of the shoe a bit of versatility in use and adds a bit of bounce to their step during runs. This is enhanced by the shoe use of traxion rubber in the sole unit of the shoe; it allows the sole of the shoe to maintain a high level of grip, which also allows the shoe to respond relatively quickly to the desires of the wearer. The form fitting design of the upper and the addition of easy-tie lacing takes away from the sluggishness that is experienced by trail shoes usually. The sole unit of the shoe features an Adiprene counter that allows it to absorb shocks, making for an amazing overall ride for the wearer.
The sole unit of the shoe was designed to give the wearer the support necessary for long, trail runs. The Adidas Terrex Swift R GTX was designed with a relatively solid sole unit, which allows the shoe to provide the wearer with a high amount of support for the curves of their feet. The cushioning provided by the foams used in the design of the sole unit gives the shoe an even greater ability to conform to the curves of the wearer’s feet. The coverings and cushioning provided by the upper of the shoe also work to this effect, providing ample cushioning to the wearer of the shoe.
The Adidas Terrex Swift R GTX was designed for use on terrains such as trails. The thick sole unit and layered upper of the shoe are what give that away about the shoe. But, when one looks at the outsole of the shoe and the minute detail in the upper, you can see what makes the shoe so functional on that type of terrain. The upper of the shoe features the easy-tie lacing which, for a shoe used on terrains such as trails, is a must because of the fit that it allows. When looking at the sole unit, you see the use of various patterns, which allows the shoe to achieve an outstanding grip on whatever surface that it is used on.
Seeing that the shoe is a high-quality Adidas designed shoe, it makes sense for it to be a bit higher priced than other trail shoes. The Adidas Terrex Swift R GTX has several technologies incorporated into the design which allows the shoe to provide a higher level of functionality than that achieved by other trail shoes that are on the market. The upper and the various layers that are present within it, especially the one that allows the shoe to achieve the waterproofing that it does, also justify the pricing of the shoe. Overall, when the design and the materials used throughout are considered the Adidas Terrex Swift R GTX is actually rather undervalued.
The lugs on the outsole of the Adidas Terrex Swift R GTX allows for a high level of grip. The shoe features a sole unit made from Adidas Traxion rubber material which allows the shoe to achieve the high level of grip that it is known for. On top of this, the shoe features a raised grid patterning that allows it to dig into the surface that it is worn on.
The Adidas Terrix Swift R GTX was given a thinner design than that of the usual trail shoe. This allows the shoe to achieve a greater overall level of flexibility than that achieved by other models of trail shoes. The use of the EVA foam in the midsole and the cut of mesh of the upper of the shoe allow it to bend with the movements of the wearer’s feet quite easily. This is only bolstered by the level of grip achieved by the shoe, which allows the wearer of the shoe to pick their spots relatively easily while in use.
The materials used throughout the design of the Adidas Terrex Swift R GTX are relatively dense. This allows the shoe to provide a sense of security to the wearer of the shoe during use. The sole unit of the shoe, being designed from a combination of EVA foam and Traxion rubber, gives the shoe the firm feeling that runners look for in shoes to run on trails with. The upper and the coverings throughout, is relatively firm as well, also providing a sense of security to the wearer of the shoe.
The drop on the Adidas Terrex Swift R GTX is usual for shoes of the trail variety. The shoe features a 12mm heel-to-toe ratio which takes away from the natural feel of the overall shoe. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing because of the design of the shoe and what it was made for; it’s a trail shoe that has ample cushioning and requires a decent rise.
• Traxion rubber on outsole
• Polyamide protective plating
• Heel cushioning
• Adiprene/Eva foam midsole
• Polyamide protective plating
• Heel cushioning
• Adiprene/Eva foam midsole
Overall, the Adidas Terrex Swift R GTX was designed to be extremely versatile and provides an amazing amount of protection to wearers of the shoe. The sole unit features a decent amount of Adidas technology that aids in both the grip and the support provided to the wearer. On top of this, the upper and waterproofing, allows the wearer to run in a plethora of weather conditions with very little worry.