Nike LunarGlide 9
The problem of overpronation can be quite stressful, especially when looking for a good running shoe that will accommodate this particular issue. Thankfully, Nike is on top of its game with the newest member of the LunarGlide family, the LunarGlide 9.
The 9th edition features a Lunarlon foam midsole with laser-cut slits to enhance the cushioning and responsiveness of the shoe. It also has Nike’s Dynamic Support system that stretches from the heel to the midfoot portion of the shoe, providing maximum support to the arch of the foot, thus minimizing injuries that can come with overpronation. The outsole features 5 pods with laser-cut grooves for excellent grip and traction and the upper is made out of a new mesh type that is super breathable and soft as well as flexible.
The new LunarGlide 9 comes in 10 color schemes, all from the base color family, and has a sleek, minimalistic design, which makes this shoe perfect for runners and casual wearers alike.
- Corrects overpronation
- Very comfortable
- Super breathable and sturdy upper
- Highly responsive
- Offers extra ankle support
- Stylish redesign
- Long distance friendly
- Narrow toe box
- Outsole picks up debris
- Foam sole prone to wearing out
- If you need a good marathon shoe, this is the shoe you need. Delivers a ton of comfort, and holds up.
- Love it’s slim profile, great for walking. Distributes weight perfectly.
- My absolute favorite things about this shoe, is the stability this shoe provides and it’s cushiony aspects.
- I was able to enjoy these shoes straight out of the box, really comfortable on my flat feet. Very lightweight and wide enough for my feet.
- These are my go to workout shoe, and my commute in the city shoe. Very comfortable and beautiful.
- These are my family’s go to shoe, my son loves these. Very comfortable.
- This purchase was a great choice. Great walking comfort and keeps my feet super cool, which is perfect for my daily walks.
- Very supportive, feels like the shoe is hugging my feet. I love the new improvement with this model, it gives more toe room. I would highly recommend this shoe.
- Toe box is super comfortable and well rounded, not to tight. Lightweight shoe, with a ton of cushion. Perfect fit.
- I would highly recommend this shoe, great shoe for feet like mine with over-pronation. Fits great, and has great support.
- Great shoe for those who work on their feet all day. They help keep your feet aligned properly and deliver a ton of comfort.
- I’m happy I purchased these, I did buy a half size bigger to make sure my feet were comfortable.
- Very light weight, great for runners like myself with slight over-pronation. Love these shoes.
- I love the way these shoes look, perfect for walking. Very lightweight and comfortable
- My daughter loves these, great choice for a person with pronation problems.
- Great athletic shoe for teens, super stylish and comfortable.
- Great shoe for short runs, gym or around the town.
- I have owned several of these shoes, it’s definitely a great price. Great shoe for over-pronators.
- hese are better than the previous model, I wear these for work and get a ton of compliments.
- Great shoe for stability and comfort, which I need from a shoe. Shoe fits as expected, as well.
The midsole also features the same laser-cut slits like its predecessor, the LunarGlide 8 but they stretch from the heel almost all the way to the forefoot in the LunarGlide 9, which adds to the plush but responsive feeling that runners are satisfied with. The Lunarlon foam, besides being very comfortable and flexible, also detracts from the overall weight of the shoe greatly, making them excellent for longer runs too, since they will not weigh down the runner.
The LunarGlide 9 was specifically designed with overpronators in mind which is why Nike used their Dynamic Support in the midfoot portion of the shoe to enhance the stability of the feet. To help with the impact of landing, Nike added a Crash Pad to the heel portion of the shoe to help further stabilize it and absorb energy that the runner needs to propel themselves forward.
Another change can be found in the tongue of the LunarGlide 9, which is now incorporated into the upper, rather than being separate, like in the previous model. Additional cushioning has been added to the tongue and collar to enhance comfort and provide extra stability for the ankles and top areas of the feet.
In the 9th edition of the LunarGlide series, thicker Flywire cables are used which are hidden between the outer mesh layer and inner-sleeve that is added to prevent pressure on the feet from the cables and provide extra comfort. The thicker Flywire cables also ensure that they will not rip easily. These cables connect to the lacing system and can be easily adjusted to the level of snugness each wearer needs and coupled with the very breathable and flexible upper, help the shoe mold to the shape of the feet and provide a natural running experience.
In contrast to the LunarGlide 8, the 9th edition has a simple looking plastic heel patch for extra support and a reflective strip in the middle which comes in handy for those night runners.
The midsole which is made out of Nike’s Lunarlon foam provides excellent cushioning while being extremely responsive at the same time with its laser-cut slits. These slits compress during the impact of landing and release on take off, giving the wearer a bouncy effect, making each step easy and effortless, like running on clouds. Additional comfort is provided by the removable insole made of blown foam Nike included in the LunarGlide 9.
The outsole is also made out of foam with 5 pods which also feature the laser-cut grooves that contribute to the level of comfort in these shoes as well as give superb traction to the user.
The upper of the new LunarGlide 9 is very comfortable as well. Made out of a Jacquard - mesh material, not only does this shoe provide great breathability but this type of soft mesh material is extremely comfortable to wear. Not to mention that the collar and tongue come with extra padding for added comfort and support. Combined with the Flywire cables, the LunarGlide 9 molds to the shape of your feet, giving a very natural feel.
The LunarGlide 9 comes in around 10 different color schemes which are all on the base color spectrum, putting this shoe on the simple side of footwear. However, customers were very pleased with the new, minimalistic look the LunarGlide 9 sports and found it a very easy pair of shoes to just throw on with anything.
The Lunarlon foam midsole provides excellent cushioning while the laser-cut slits give great responsiveness to the wearer. Many customers reported that the LunarGlide 9 retained almost the same level of cushioning and support of the first run even after 300 miles in them.
One downside some customers noticed was the durability of the outsole, which wore away too quickly for some.
The outsole is also made out of foam with pods in the heel and forefoot portions of the shoe which feature laser-cut grooves that help boost up the grip and traction this shoe has to offer. The midsole and outsole combined make for a great cushioning experience which runners appreciate, especially those who run long distances. The only downside is that debris and small pebbles can get trapped in the laser-cut grooves, causing some discomfort.
The upper is made out of a Jacquard-mesh, a soft and extremely breathable mesh material that lets the feet breathe and keeps them dry throughout use. The collar and tongue also feature extra padding for a more cushioned and stable ride. Thicker Flywire cables are now hidden between the upper and the inner sleeve, which helps with irritation.
All in all, this is an excellent stability running shoe, whether you overpronate or don’t. The new LunarGlide 9 has it all, breathability, flexibility, comfort, cushioning, stability and traction, and all for the fraction of the price of some other stability running shoes on the market. As long as you keep to standard running surfaces such as roads or tracks, this shoe will serve you well and long.