Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 4 Reviewed & Tested
With each new release of a Nike shoe, the sneaker community often wonders how such minimal changes to an updated version of a shoe could possibly outdo the last rendition of it. Nike has again not let us down with the Terra Kiger 4 Running shoe, which features solid additions to an already well-renowned model of shoe. It isn’t very expensive in comparison to the latest editions of other running shoes and offers a lot of value which is exemplified by the detailed and sturdy construction of the shoes. There are several beautiful color options that appeal to men and women of all ages, and each and every pair of shoes is super durable and reliable. You can wear these pretty pair of kicks in the gym, in rocky areas, or just about anywhere you can think of. Overall, the Terra Kiger 4 is a great update on a tried and true shoe.
- Accommodating, much more spacious toe box
- Solid traction on multiple types of surfaces
- Durable, not as prone to ripping as other Nike shoes
- Stylish update on a tried and true classic
- Softer and highly delicate midsole
- Runs roughly half a size smaller than marked size
- Lace loops susceptible to blowing out/breakage
- Nothing revolutionary about it in comparison to its predecessors
- I wear these everyday on and off the trails. I’ve been running for years and always in a Nike.
- These are my go to shoes for running the trails.
- I run cross country in my Nike Air with no issues They are lightweight and comfortable.
- I used to be a Solomon Speed-cross fan until I tried these shoes, which are the most comfortable trail and running shoe that I’ve worn to date.
- To be honest, I wasn’t a fan of Nike until I wore the Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 4. These shoes are phenomenal.
- These shoes have held up in all types of weather and 20 plus miles.
- I prefer these over hiking boots when I go hiking. They are great when a clunky and heavy boot isn’t necessary.
- I’ll start with mentioning that I’ve already put 200 miles on these shoes so far in all types of running conditions. I appreciate the wide toe box too.
- Keeps my feet cool and very stylish.
- These seem to run true to size or slightly wider which I love. The grip is solid on the trails.
- This shoe is best on a technical trail and long distance running. They do require some breaking in as the midsole is a bit harder but they will take you over any surface.
- I don’t wear these for trail running. Instead, I use my shoes for everyday walking, standing etc. They provide awesome overall support.
- I brought these as a Christmas gift to myself. I’ve already put 300+ miles on the trails. I am also considering these to wear everyday.
- My Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 4 are used to walk around town and for hiking. They’re great shoes and very comfortable.
- Love the comfort and how cushiony these shoes are.
- My review is a little different because I wear these frequently as my clean shoes because they are gorgeous and comfortable.
- I am a fan of the Terra Kiger series. These are my first pick for the trails because of their awesome grips and comfort.
- Nike out did themselves this time. Awesome colors to choose from and great for everyday wear.
- The traction on this shoe is great and I’ve wore these on rainy days with no slipping. They are lightweight and comfortable.
- Runs Small
- My shoes started peeling on the bottom after only 10 miles.
- Not the most durable.
Midsole & Outsole
The outsole of the Terra Kiger 4 features Nike’s classic Dual Density construction. This is a huge plus because it gives you more adequate protection in areas of the shoe that are more susceptible to wear and tear. Though it is often seen as kind of an afterthought, the outsole is actually quite vital in offering comfort and strengthening the foundation of the shoe as a whole. Moreover, it has a waffle pattern that provides multi-surface traction and improved durability. The waffling also aids in giving the shoe more natural movement.
• Buttery soft and spacious toe bumper
• Gusseted tongue design that holds your foot in place without fail
• Updated lace loops that are sleeker than ever before
• Waffle outsole that tackles any terrain with ease
• Attractive color options for both men and women