New Balance 813 Review
When New Balance first opened for business, they were driven by the necessity of the working class people to create a shoe that will wrap their feet with all-day comfort and support. With that in mind, in 1906, New Balance became one of the first shoemakers in Boston that really meant business. They started building and selling arch supports to salespeople, waiters, hairdressers, police officers, and primarily all those whose job required standing on their feet for long periods of time. And they were many. The demand was high, and what people got back in return was less painful feet, improved posture, better freedom in movement, and all that led to boosted self-confidence.
Today, this leading brand in the world of athletic shoes continues to improve by day and remains truly committed to delivering exceptional quality products made by excellent craftsmanship. New Balance strives to get the most out of athletes by continuously upgrading their work to meet their needs. They believe that a better fit brings about to a better performance, which is why they make sure all their collections, whether they are running, training or lifestyle shoes, have a wide range of sizes and widths.
Today’s review will more closely consider the specifications of the New Balance 813 model. Designed with modern technology, the New Balance 813 descends from another famous style, the New Balance 812. Similar to its predecessor, it quickly became a favorite amongst athletes, professionals or amateurs alike, and the reason behind its popularity will soon be revealed.
Great arch support
Sleek and modern look
Flexible and stable
Runs half a size smaller
Can cause foot and leg pain
Shorter when compared to other models
- My husband loves shoes and purchases a new pair every so often. He says they’re very comfortable.
- Perfect shoe, great arch support and I’m able to add my custom orthotics.
- As a woman with short but wide feet these are a great pair of shoes for me.
- Great shoe for those who have wide feet, I could wear these all day.
- Very supportive shoes, accommodates my arthritis needs. I had issues finding a good pair of shoes, but these are amazing.
- Shortly after buying these shoes, I left for a trip. Walked a ton of miles and lots of stairs. I have no issues!
- I’ve had several surgeries on my feet, and no problems while wearing my New Balances shoes. I’ll be purchasing another.
- My dad has some health issues which causes his feet to swell, these are perfect for him. Easy to put on and are snug! He loves that no laces are required.
- Great shoe for dressier functions and also a great shoe to walk in!
- I would highly recommend if you’re looking for a shoe that has great support and stabilization!
- Very comfortable toe box area, good support even after months of wearing.
- Purchased these for my trip abroad, my feet feel fantastic! I definitely love these.
- These are by far the most comfortable pair of New Balances I have worn, Great for wide feet.
- Very soft, lightweight and super cushioned shoe. Provides a ton of support.
- I’ve worn these 3 days in a row, and I have no pain or discomfort.
- Had to size up, but the width was perfect. They’re perfect.
- Great looking shoe, these can be worn for a ton of different things. I would buy again.
- This is a perfect walking shoe, I walk about 4 miles a day and The New Balance 813 provide a ton of comfort
- Great shoe, can be unisex too. My husband and I both love them!
- Perfect shoe for wide feet, tons of space in the toe box.
- Some customers needed to purchase a half size larger.
Another important element worth mentioning is that the outsole is made of good old fashioned rubber. This material is one of the best to use on an outsole, and in this case, the natural rubber is incorporated throughout the entire sole. Having this type of rubber at the bottommost part of your New Balance 813 model will provide flexibility, while at the same time protecting you from slipping on wet surfaces. The pattern of the grooves molded into the rubber enhances the traction capability of the rubber itself, and it doesn’t wear off easily according to some customers. In this way, the outsole is one of the main culprits for the overall longevity of this New Balance 813 design. In addition to that, flex grooves have been placed at the forefoot area to boost foot flexion, delivering a flexible shoe in which the feet can move freely and easily.
As previously mentioned, the best feature on the New Balance 813 model is the Rollbar technology. New Balance placed this TPU post to help control and promote as much natural movement of the foot as possible. Running through the shoe, this graphite shank helps to improve problems with pronation in wearers who tend to turn their foot while walking or working out. These individuals usually experience pain in their back, knees or ankles, and New Balance presented them with the New Balance 813 to help them correct problems of such kind. For those with pronation issues, there is nothing better than having a Rollbar system incorporated into your shoe. This technology not only helps control your movement but also provides the foot with ample cushioning and support, traits much needed for an enjoyable walk in the park, or overall comfort while standing on your feet all day long.
On the positive side, the New Balance 813 model is made in women’s and men’s sizes, and they come available in almost all widths including narrow, medium, wide and extra wide. This is great news for all New Balance fans, however, it is nothing new to the company. This is the very principle of New Balance, where they try to meet the needs of all of their customers. The New Balance 813 also comes available in different colors including white, black, and tan leather, which makes the selection somewhat scarce, but customers were very pleased with the colors offered. New Balance 813 also comes in a lace-up version as well as hook-and-loop style.
• Rollbar technology
• Fabric lining
• Lightweight midsole
• Walking Strike Path technology
• Soft, padded collar for added comfort
• Removable insole to accommodate custom orthotics
• Durable rubber outsole for long-lasting wear
• Approx. 13mm heel-to-toe drop
• Weighs 327 grams for the women’s and 371 grams for the men’s model
In a nutshell, many customers were satisfied with the levels of comfort, support and stability after extended periods of use. This 813 model makes for a perfect everyday shoe that can be worn on the busy city streets and parks, at your work that requires standing all day long, as well as when you try and work up a sweat in the gym. With all these different technologies incorporated into a sleek and modern look, the New Balance 813 will make sure your feet swim in a sea of comfort.