Hoka One One Bondi 5
As many runners are looking for a shoe that stands out from the pack, many are looking for a shoe that is supportive and also has the best cushioning in the industry. Hoka One One is a relatively new company founded by former Salomon employees named Nicholas Mermoud and Jean-Luc Diard. Mermoud and Diard wanted to develop a trail shoe that was better for runners. He wanted to build a shoe company that was also socially conscious. Hoka One One began building a trail shoe that looked like nothing the shoe industry had seen. With a cushioned outsole that looks almost cartoonish, and a breathable mesh upper, every Hoka One One shoe is designed for the ultimate support and comfort. The Bondi series Hoka One One released the Bondi one as a rocker bottom shoe that was geared towards runners. The Hoka One One Bondi Five are still rocker bottom running shoes, but the improvements can be felt in the more flexible outsole, as well as a much more breathable shoe. Hoka One One Bondi Five is a much more breathable shoe that gives the comfort right where it’s needed. In a very short time, Hoka One One has gone from new kid on the block, to an industry standard.
Roomy Toe Box
Meta Rocker Outsole
Breathable Mesh Upper
Zonal Support System
Sizes Run Slightly Large
- No more pain in my metatarsal area when I started wearing these shoes. Did have to break them in but was really comfortable after that. So much so that I ordered a second pair.
- I was looking for a shoe with stability and great cushioning as I am a 215 lb runner. After trying several, I tried the Bondi 5 and I was sold. Love the larger toe box. Great fit and I am thinking of buying a few more pairs in case changes are made.
- Since switching to this shoe, I don't have Achilles tendinitis nor calluses on my heels. Wearing minimalist shoes was a disaster and I almost became cripple. Hoka does the best job of making maximalist shoes in my opinion.
- My podiatrist recommended these shoes to me and they are awesome. Wide and fit great. No more bone spur pain after wearing these shoes. Awesome cushioning for walking.
- These shoes were recommended by a co-worker and due to the hefty price, I was hesitant at first to buy. I am glad I did buy because I have no regrets. Great arch support and appreciate the wide options.
- I have bad feet, 250 lbs and 6'3" and I go through running shoes in 4 months. I've been wearing these shoes, this is my third pair, for over two years. IMHO there isn't a better shoe out there. I stand for hours in these shoes at work also and they feel like clouds.
- I feel like I am walking on air in these shoes. Great purchase!
- No other shoes compare. I am so happy with this purchase, I can run again! If you are over 200 lbs this is the best shoe.
- My dad has lots of issues with his feet and I got these shoes for him. He actually said these are the best shoes he has ever worn. His pain is reduced when he walks.
- I purchased these because of the reviews which talked about the cushioning. Amazing! I haven't run in three years due to knee surgery. I am able to run a mile now without knee pain. Will purchase again.
- I have yet to find a more comfortable shoe and with more cushion. I have owned three pairs. Love these running shoes.
- The cushion in these shoes is superior to anything on the market. These are stable and like running with pillows on my feet. The toe box is snug compared to the previous version but not uncomfortable.
- I switched to Hoka from Asics because I wanted a shoe with a lot of cushioning. Getting used to the color.
- I am a lifer for Hoka. No more problems with arthritic toes. I was told not to run again but with these shoes, this being my 3rd pair, I completed my 13th half marathon.
- Got these for work. I am on my feet most of the day and these shoes are so comfortable. Reduces wear and tear on my back and knees. Extreme cushioning justifies the clunky look. Well worth it.
- The best shoes ever made. Learned about Hokas years ago. Thanks to the Bondi 5 I am able to referee again.
- Double EE fits perfectly. I wear these mostly for hiking or trail walking. Never had better shoes.
- Read the reviews and decided to purchase these and I am happy that I did.
- Hands down Hoka One One Bondi 5 is the best shoes around. Pricey? Yes but well worth it. Protect your only hips and knees to the fullest. You won't regret buying maximum support and cushion.
- I am on my 2nd pair of these shoes and I have never owned a more comfortable pair of shoes. These are my favorite.
- Bad quality as the soles detached only after a few days for some buyers.
- Some buyers reported that within less than 10 miles or so the tread feel apart.
The running community has long looked for a perfect shoe that would handle the punishing pavement with ease. The Bondi series is the perfect shoe for the runner that is serious about road running. Road running is extremely hard on a runner’s feet as well as shins. The term shin splints come from poorly cushioned shoes. The Bondi 5 is a shoe with a very plush cushioned outsole perfect for keeping a runner’s feet comfortable and well supported.