Brooks Ghost 11 Reviewed
Brooks has made quite the name for themselves in the industry, and their Ghost line is a winner for many runners. The newest Brooks Ghost 11 combined the old with the new by keeping the BioMoGo foam in the midsole for a customized experience and adding the new DNA Loft midsole insert for enhanced cushioned responsiveness. The upper features a dual-layer mesh material with strategically placed overlays for stability, that customers appreciated.
The new Brooks Ghost 11 comes in 5 different color schemes for both men and women and many widths, accommodating a variety of different foot shapes. While the price tag might be a bit out there, for a quality running shoe that will last you a long time, it is a good investment.
- Highly durable
- Excellent grip and traction
- Lightweight and breathable upper
- A variety of width options
- Comfortable cushioning
- Narrower toe box
- A bit pricey
- I’m an avid runner, purchased these to replace my ghost 10’s and these provide comfortable support in the heels of my foot.
- I find myself always going back to my Brooks Ghost 11 after trying other brands. These do not over-pronate and provides great comfort for me.
- So grateful that I was recommended this shoe by a few people. I was very impressed on my daily run, helped with taking the impact off my knees while running.
- I use these shoes to run my half marathons and 5ks and noticed a big difference in how I felt after each run. I had no aches or pains after finishing a race. My feet still felt great.
- These were perfect the minute I took them out on their first run. No need to break them in.
- These are my walking shoes. I walk a great deal a day for exercise and these have to be the most comfortable shoes I own for walking.
- First time owning a pair of Brooks shoes. I’m really impressed.
- Fits true to size. Great shoe for walking, provides great support.
- Purchased for my teenage son and I, we are both big fans of Brook’s shoes. Never have to worry about being in pain at the end of a long workday.
- I have no complaints about this shoe. I don’t have to worry about breaking these in, they’re ready to go every time which never puts a halt to my 10 mile daily runs.
- These have the perfect amount of cushion, which makes my landings while running a lot more bearable.
- Purchased these shoes after being recommend by a doctor, best recommendation especially since having supination in both feet.
- Never have to worry about needing to break these in. Love them.
- Very light-weight shoe. Plenty of room in the toe box area and a lot of comfortable support.
- My wife is now wanting to buy a pair of Brooks Ghost 11, after I purchased my pair to replace another running shoe. So happy with my purchase.
- Purchased after having my 10’s for a long time. These a great and very spacious.
- Tons of great comfort. Very durable, lightweight and breathable.
- I have achilles issues and this shoe was recommend to help, I’ve been running with no issues since switching over to these shoes.
- Usually super uncomfortable in most shoes, due to my wide feet. Brooks Ghost 11 feel great, they’re the best walking shoes I’ve had.
- I purchased these shoes to help with my knee issues I was experiencing and I love these. These provide great support and stability.
- Some customers had to add extra insoles to provide more cushion.
- May need to size up for some, depending on shoe size.
The BioMoGo DNA also boasts an amazing 30% more cushioning than other running shoe in this category, making for a stable and responsive ride. The Brooks Ghost 11 does not lack in flexibility either. Featuring three flex grooves, called the Omega Flex Grooves on each side of the forefoot, this running shoe has excellent flexibility for smooth transitions. The BioMoGo DNA midsole works beautifully with the DNA Loft outsole to provide a lightweight and responsible ride, not skimping on flexibility and comfort, and the added factor of durability is always welcome.
The midfoot and heel area with an external counter, which works as an overlay stitched on the heel, provide stability and support with their denser weave. This feature helps keep the feet locked in place throughout use and prevents slipping inside the shoe. The lacing system is pretty standard, with flat laces, however, Brooks introduced one tongue glide loop, to help further secure the midfoot and ankle and prevent the tongue from moving around and causing irritation during use. The only negative some users mentioned was a slightly narrow toe box, but that’s nothing that sizing up can’t fix.
The collar and tongue come with padding as well, for extra cushioning around the ankles. The only downside some customers noticed was the slightly narrower toe box, which would rub against the toes and cause irritation and blisters. However, the Brooks Ghost 11 is available in a wide selection of lengths and widths, so sizing up might solve that problem.
The Brooks Ghost 11 is accommodating to heel, mid and forefoot strikers alike, since it has enough cushioning throughout the midsole and stability in the heel area. The upper might seem simple, but it includes strategically placed overlays that blend into the mesh seamlessly to provide better stability and support for the feet. Combined with the padded collar and tongue, when laced up, it helps keep the feet in place and prevents slipping inside the shoe.
The denser, dual-layer mesh upper helps keep the feet dry and cool while conforming to the shape of the feet for a natural stride. Added stability can be found in the strategically placed overlays in the upper as well as the padded collar and tongue, which keep the feet locked in position. Even though the Brooks Ghost 11 is a neutral road running shoe, some customers had a good experience taking them on trails and the higher drop did not bother anyone either. All in all, the Brooks Ghost 11 is another great addition to the Brooks Ghost line of running shoes, and while the price tag may not be appealing to everyone, the quality it comes with more than makes up for it.