Ecco Cool GTX
From the start of its humble beginnings, ECCO has been a company staying true to its roots. Roots that start with comfort, and end with quality. Family values also help this family-run Danish company stand out as one of the best shoe companies in the world. ECCO specializes in a wide variety of high-quality dress shoes to luxurious golf shoes. Ecco produces its leather in their own tanneries by quality craftsmen and women. Today we are going to learn about the ECCO Cool GTX, a shoe for serious golfers who want a shoe that combines classic looks with the companys cutting-edge technology.
The Ecco Cool GTX comes from Ecco's golf division and does more than one would expect from a golf shoe. GorTex makes this shoe very water resistant that works for the wearer on a hot summer day or when the golf game gets rained out. The GorTex also helps with keeping the wearer's feet cooler by being breathable. Ecco added Slim Lok spikes on the sole that gives adequate traction when swinging or walking in the sand traps. Overall golfers enjoy the fit and the feel of the GTX, sizes do run slightly large which can benefit users with wider feet. Playing 36 holes on a Saturday can be grueling, but with the Cool GTX shoe, 36 holes are just a walk in the park.
Runs Slightly Narrow
- Great shoes, there's nothing more to say.
- My Ecco Cool GTXs are the most comfortable shoes. Love that I can wear these for long periods of time without issue.
- These shoes are well designed and comfortable.
- These are my third pair of Ecco golf shoes and the most stylish. Well made and recommended highly.
- Wish the laces would stay tied but other than that I love these shoes
- Awesome pair of shoes and very comfortable and good fit.
- These shoes were a Christmas gift for dear hubby. Fits him perfectly. The soft leather upper and substantial padded insoles make him happy.
- My feet never got time. Comfortable shoes.
- These Ecco Cool GTXs are made of great quality and fit perfectly as expected.
- These shoes are ultra high end. Beautiful. Love them!
- For me, it's about the quality and fit and that's why I wear Ecco. Orthotics fit easily in.
- My husband loves these Eccos but they do run big so had to return for a size smaller.
- These golf shoes are expensive but brilliant.
- Didn't get my color of choice but very comfortable no problem in the rain.
- Love how my feet are dry in these shoes. Awesome purchase.
- Ecco Cool GTX is the most comfortable golf shoe.
- A great price and great golf shoes.
- This is my third pair. The best golf shoes ever and I have tried most of the brands and there is no comparison. Ecc shoes are highly recommended.
- Some buyers were disappointed that the spikes don't last.
- Sizing isn't as accurate as the previous versions. Too big for some buyers who used to be able to buy without trying on.
But, how is this important to providing the wearer comfort? Simply by holding your feet in a more natural state. The Dritton Leather allows for extreme flexibility of the foot during any movement while golfing. When swinging, a shoe that doesn't flex can cause pain and even injury if worn for a long period of time. The rubber sole also flexes to allow a more natural feel. When purchasing a good golf shoe, it is important to note the size of your feet. One expert suggests that you measure both feet and take the larger measurement of your feet to find the size that works best for you.
The Cool GTX also has GorTex beneath the Dritton leather helps wick the sweat and moisture from within and keeps the feet within the shoes dry and fresh. GorTex is a term that is thrown around a lot without a lot of explanation, and it is definitely worth explaining. GorTex acts like Teflon, allowing liquid to slide off or over the surface while vapor is allowed to pass through, scientifically, the molecules while in liquid form are closer together and can't go through the smaller GorTex pores but, the molecules of a vapor are farther apart and pass through easily. GorTex is found in many different products and has kept many sport enthusiasts dry and comfortable.
The mid sole is constructed of rubber that flexes to conform to the foot as well as the surface the person is standing on. The treads on a sole of the shoe have an asymmetrical design that works in conjunction with the removable spikes. With just as many options of spikes as there are shoes, the Ecco Cool GTX comes with Slim-Lok removable spikes which are some of the best in the industry. These spikes are designed to not only provide superior stability but they also are designed to be anti clogging, so the wearer doesn't have to waste time cleaning their spikes after a long round of hitting the links. Lotus technology from Slim-lok spreads the weight to prevent ground compacting.
As the name suggests the Cool GTX has an all-around cool system. How does Ecco make the midsole cool? Direct injection molding in a grid pattern allows for the air to flow whenever the wearer puts their foot down. The rubber of the midsole makes this a very flexible shoe that helps with a more natural form. The midsole, the outsole both being breathable, lead to a shoe that provides 360-breathability that can be felt from the moment the wearer puts on the shoe to the last tee box on a ninety-degree day. The midsole also provides adequate arch support even giving relief to those that may suffer from plantar fasciitis.
One of the unique features of the Ecco Cool GTX is the ability to choose your own support with a removable insole. The insole that comes standard with the Ecco Cool GTX provides great support even helping some golfers' plantar fasciitis. The best way to shop for golf shoes is to take the measurements of both of your feet and choose the larger of the two measurements. Many of the golfers who have purchased these shoes have exclaimed of the comfort of them. A lot of customers love the true-to-fit size that these shoes are.
The Ecco Cool GTX comes with Slim Lock spikes. The Slim Lock spikes are known for their ability to provide stability throughout any swing and any course condition. The Slim Lock come with a Fast Twist, Tri-Lok systems that help the spikes stay where you've put them. Slim Lok spikes have a lotus pattern for added stability and are anti-clogging. Many times at the end of the day and after a long day on the course, the last thing anyone wants to do is clean golf spikes, not a problem anymore. The Ecco Cool GTX has been constructed by the craftsmen and women at Ecco, mostly by hand, is designed to withstand whatever the elements can throw at it. Constructed by Scandinavian shoemakers with fifty years of experience, the discerning golfer who values a comfortable, waterproof shoe will cherish this shoe for many seasons to come.
Ecco is so confident in their product, that they provide the owner a three-year warranty which covers the shoe if it ever stops being waterproof. The Ecco Cool GTX provides the beginner golfer as well as the most seasoned pro, a shoe that protects the wearer's feet from becoming wet and uncomfortable.
When swinging the club it's important to remember that the majority of accuracy comes from the follow through. Swinging puts a lot of force on the golfer's dominate foot, making the traction that the Ecco Cool GTX provides crucial to a good swing. Swinging a club also benefits from a flexible footbed, and the Dritton leather is both supple as well as flexible which gives your foot a more natural movement while swinging. The fifty years of Ecco's quality shoe will make anyone who buys an Ecco Shoe a happy owner for many years to come.