Nike Zoom Hypercross TR 2 Reviewed & Tested
Nike made waves in 2015 with the release of the Hypercross TR 2, a training shoe that is designed specifically for people who partake in activities involving a lot of side-to-side movement; this includes boxing, aerobics, weight-training, and similar activities. It is an updated and revolutionized version of the original Hypercross, but with subtle and uncomplicated updates. It has an extremely appealing look that comes in a variety of shades and is built with quality materials like Flywire cabling and perforated mesh. The outsole features a delta pattern of waffling that is ideal for tackling terrain. They are secure, breathable, and just a solid pair of cross-training shoes that anyone can enjoy. With such a wide variety of colors and styles to choose from, there is a choice for any man, woman, or child.
- Lowkey yet responsive cushioning
- Not as pricey as other Nike shoes
- Sleek selection of colors
- Natural flexibility due to structure of foam and mesh
- Great for a wide range of activities apart from running
- Highly breathable mesh
- Purchasers have complained of it feeling odd to adjust to at first
- Uncomfortably narrow toe box
- Tends to run small
- Overall, I highly recommend the Nike Zoom Hypercross TR 2. Very comfortable and has a nice sleek look and design. They do real well on the court and in the gym on the treadmill. I don't think I would do long distance running in these. Nice wide toe box, which makes them even more comfortable because the toes have room to spread.
- I am in the market for a new pair of sneakers and I am considering these again. I really liked these, I got my first pair last summer.
- I am a woman wearing these and I think they are great. I think the fit is perfect.
- I was a little unsure at first that these shoes were more for trails. But I find these can double as a cross trainer as well. The tread is a little awkward at first but you adjust over tme. The grip isn't the best for slippery or water surfaces.
- The Nike zoom Hypercross TR 2s fit great and feel great.
- These trainers are a great shoe at an affordable price. They look cool and they fit great. These are my new favorite Nikes for working out.
- It's usually difficult to find shoes for my teenage son that are comfortable and sturdy. He likes these shoes a lot.
- Every thing is just right about this trainer shoe. The cushion, weight and traction are just right. I hope Nike continues to make these shoes available.
- I will definitley order another pair of these shoes. They are comfortable and light.
- Applauds, well done. These fit well and Iove them.
- I have two words for these shoes, simply awesome.
- I like the Nike zoom Hypercross TR 2s over the Nike Frees for high intensity and boot camp type workouts.
- These fit as expected and are very comfortable. Great price too.
- Although the Hypercross TR 2 is comfortable and is a great shoe, they do run small so I recommend ordering a larger size. I am on my fourth pair.
- These shoes look good and feel comfortable.
- Like others have already said these feel great and they look good.
- I am in love with the Hypercross. I didn't have to break them in and I was ready to hit the gym as soon as I put them on.
- Once I got my right size, they run small, these shoes were very comfortable and fit perfectly.
- I hope they never change these shoes. I own five pairs. The cushion is awesome. I use these for short run and crossfit. Love the support they offer and the insert is great.
- Love that these shoes have a lot of support, and they fit well. Great shoes all around.
- Size do run small per customer's reviews
Midsole & Outsole
The outsole has a really unique design in that it has a hexagonal pattern that makes it ideal for handling different terrains. This pattern gives you some extra pep in your step because of how the outsole absorbs energy. It is sturdy and rubbery, and provides both comfort and durability all at once. The TR 2 was modeled closely after its predecessor in this regard, much to its benefit.
The amazing flexibility of the TR 2 is a combination of the upper, outsole, and midsole working in unison to provide lots of plasticity. In addition to this, the shoe is also built with extra support in the form of Nike Zoom Airpods. This allows for multi-directional flexibility, which is an absolute must-have for any training shoe since you will most likely be engaging in side to side movement frequently. These airpods allow for greater arch support in addition to plasticity.
• Delta node pattern which provides traction
• Flywire technology for enhanced fit
• Responsive yet not overbearing cushioning
• Zoom units for greater shock absorption
• Built exclusively with cross-training in mind