Mizuno Wave Sayonara 3 Reviewed
Mizuno sportswear has been present from the first decade of the 20th century and quickly built a reputation for themselves as one of the best quality sports shoes manufacturers in the world. Not surprisingly so either, since Mizuno strives to introduce innovations and uses state of the art technology to produce top quality running shoes.
The Mizuno Wave Sayonara 3 features Mizuno’s X10 carbon rubber outsole, which has excellent traction and durability that will last you a long time. They also included their U4ic midsole foam for added cushioning and the upper features Airmesh technology to keep your feet well-ventilated. With the DynamotionFit technology, this neutral road running shoe will feel like a second skin in which you can achieve maximum performance.
- Structured upper
- Very comfortable
- Superb traction and grip
- Responsive cushioning
- Fast and stable ride
- Lack of width variety
- Less flexible than the previous model
- I love these shoes, I’m very flat footed and these support my achilles the most. I have total comfort throughout the day.
- I found my correct size which was a half size larger than my regular shoe size and I’m very happy. I love that these shoes are light on my feet and super comfy.
- I wear these shoes for marathons and daily training. These are my favorite. They are very durable to last a while and light enough for me to be able to run faster.
- Great running shoe. Provides great stability for those who need correction. I don’t think you can go wrong for the price.
- I always come back to Mizuno’s. I decided to try other brands but no other shoe supports my high arches like these shoes. I love these.
- I’m on my feet all the time for work and I bought these shoes for my work shoes. The price is a great for the comfort they provide.
- I was concerned about wearing such a light shoe but was happy surprised with these shoes. Great performance!
- If you’re looking for a shoe close to the Mizuno Precisions these are the closest to them. I was able to run a 10k the first day I took them out the box and my feet felt great.
- My husband loves these, he definitely has more than one pair. These are perfect for him for marathon running and daily wear.
- These are a very versatile exercise shoe. Great for trails, running and every day wear. I love the metallic parts and how well the entire shoe feels.
- These are lightweight running shoes so they’re great for runners who run long distances. I love these shoes.
- Wearing these shoes to help with my Plantar Fasciitis is super key for me, especially since i’m trying for half marathons. They keep my feet cool, and I have great comfort.
- These are my go to walking shoes or when I’m standing for a long period of time. I don’t have any more knee pain like I use to. The Mizuno Wave Sayonara 3’s also provide great arch support, so my feet feel really good.
- I wear these as a casual sneaker and I love the look of these. They fit so well.
- I have Plantar Fasciitis and I’m able to insert my special insets. I’m painless with these shoes, they provide great support and good quality.
- This is a amazing shoe for me. I run about 10 miles a week and this shoe you can’t go wrong with.
- Just took them out for their first run. They feel great, I did not feel any strain in my knee like I usually would with other shoes. Love the color, which is a plus.
- Great support for mid-foot strikers. Very lightweight, super comfortable. I love the color, looks better than in the picture.
- I wanted a stylish shoe that gave me comfort and support and these are the perfect shoe. Great value and definitely beats its competitors.
- I’m tall and 200 pounds, these shoes provide amazing support and comfort. My original size was the perfect size with this shoe. I expect to have these shoes around a long time before I have to replace.
- Some Customers said that the shoe a little small.
- Some customers said they needed to add some extra inserts for more cushion.
The forefoot uses a soft blown rubber material for enhanced grip and flexibility, which is great for the toe-offs and provides a good level of responsiveness while maintaining the soft cushioning.
In addition, Mizuno included their OrthoLite sockliner, which has anti-microbial properties and helps absorb any excess moisture, while adding to the overall cushioning effect of the shoe. Many runners praised the new Mizuno Wave Sayonara 3 for holding up extremely well under high temperatures, saying their feet were dry and well-ventilated throughout the entire run.
The addition, the OrthoLite sockliner further enhances the comfort level of this running shoe by providing additional cushioning and absorbing moisture, and the Flex Grooves found in the forefoot area of the midsole help the shoe move with your feet for a natural stride.
Last, but not least, the heel features a Parallel Wave construction. This padding supports the underfoot by absorbing the impact of each footfall and distributing it throughout the shoe, helping maintain the natural movement of the feet.
The X10 carbon rubber that can be found stretching along the heel-to-midfoot area of the outsole, is a highly durable rubber material that will protect from abrasions and ensure that you will enjoy this pair of running shoes for a long time. It also has excellent traction, which will keep your feet firm on the ground, whether dry or wet. The midsole uses Mizuno’s famous U4ic midsole foam, which provides the runner with a responsive cushioning and the Parallel Wave heel construction allows the feet to move naturally. The midsole is also excellent in absorbing and distributing the shock of impact, providing a springy ride for the runner.
Moving up, the upper utilizes the Airmesh technology for maximum breathability and the Dynamotion Fit technology that helps this running shoe conform to your feet for a snug, sock-like fit that feels natural and lightweight, yet supportive enough for those longer runs. The addition of the OrthoLite sockliner was highly appreciated by customers, as it kept their feet nicely cushioned and dry throughout the run. This running shoe is an excellent choice for those with normal to high arches, but over and underpronators might need something a bit more supportive in the arch area.
To conclude, the Mizuno Wave Sayonara 3 is a great running shoe that can compete with some of the best running shoes in the market with its quality and performance, and for a fraction of the price.