Get a Bigger Butt with These Moves
I think we can all admit big butts are all the rage right now. People will stop at nothing to get a Kardashian booty or look like Instagram models. But you need to know that this takes a lot of work.
If you want to naturally grow your butt it won’t just happen overnight. It may take up to three months before you start to see results. And it goes beyond doing a lot of squats. You will only see results if you focus on both training and diet.
Trainers recommend cutting down on your carb intake and upping your protein. This will help grow your muscles. And sustained booty size means supporting your glute muscles. Foods like eggs, fish, and meat are great additions to meals, especially after an intense workout.
Most booty-building workouts involve either weights or floor exercises. But cardio can still help! Try a method that will not only get your heart beating but will grow your glutes as well. The step machine at the gym or sprinting up and down stairs are great examples.
But what about those floor exercises? Or the weight training? We’ve got you covered. The four exercises listed below will help you build up your glutes and round out that figure!
Don’t think that squats alone will magically give you a bigger bum because they won’t. But they will help to activate your glutes and are great to do along with other workouts.
- Stand a little wider than shoulder width apart, and point your toes slightly outward.
- Holding weights, slowly lower, engaging your core and squeezing your glutes.
- Pulse at the bottom, come up. Repeat
This move is all about proper form. It is important to know how to correctly do this workout as to not injure yourself. Especially because heavy weights can be involved. Safety equipment, such as a lifting belt, may also be necessary.
- Stand with the front of your feet under the barbell
- Bend over with a neutral back and grab the bar, with your hands shoulder-width apart.
- Bend your knees until your shins touch the bar.
- Inhale, and lift the barbell.
- Pause for a second, lower it. Repeat.
Lateral Band Walks
Resistance bands are a great way to add resistance to basic moves and kick them up a notch.
This is something you can also do at home. (Be sure to remain in a squat position the entire time, and engage your core.)
- Place a resistance band right below your knees.
- Stand with your feet under your hips, and lower into a squat position.
- Step to the right as far as the band allows.
- Follow with your left leg.
Fire Hydrant with Kick
Similar to donkey kicks but aiming to the side rather than behind you and activating your side glute.
- Start on all floors with your hands under your shoulders and knees under your hips.
- Raise your left leg as if you were a dog peeing on a fire hydrant.
- Hold and extend your left leg out to the side.
- Return to starting position and repeat.
- Do 3 sets of 20 reps for each leg.
These exercises might look easy. But looks can be deceiving. Any exercise gets harder as the reps and sets add up. And they will add up if you’re serious about building your booty. The important thing is to start slow and build up. This will help you avoid injury or burnout. Neither will help you sculpt the backside you want! But with an eye on proper form and a balanced diet, these exercises will help you reach your glute goals!