24 Hrs of ERock
|Friday, June 01, 2012
Douglas County's beautiful Greenland Open Space
1520 E. Noe Rd
Larkspur, Colorado 80118
Event Organizer Website
|Please See Below|
Join us at Douglas Co’s beautiful Greenland Open Space for the 7th Annual OPTIC NERVE 24 HOURS of EROCK, part of the regions largest cycling event, the 25th Anniversary Subaru Elephant Rock Cycling Festival.
The course is an 8.25-mile loop with stunning views of Pikes Peak and the Rampart Range. Beginning elevation is 6908’ with a high point of 7450’. Greenland Open Space is 14 miles south of Castle Rock, Exit 167 off I - 25
All fees are non-refundable
The OPTIC NERVE 24 HOURS of EROCK, wants you, the racer, to be unencumbered by an over abundance of rules and have adopted these “simple rules” used by our friends at the 18 Hrs of Fruita.
1. Racers may choose to ride in any order and may change the order at any time.
2. Racers must check-in after each lap.
3. Riders may continue on for more than 1 lap but must check-in after each lap.
4. Each team member must complete at least one lap or the team will be disqualified.
5. Coed teams must have at least 1 member of the opposite sex.
6. Racers must display their race number on their bike at all times.
7. Teams are required to provide their own hydration system and lighting system throughout the event.
8. No course support will be provided by the event.
9. Water and food may be supplied to any racer, at the transition area, as long as the racer and support is off the course and does not interfere with the race. Interference with other racers will result in disqualification.
10. Lapped racers must yield. Please be vocal as it’s the responsibility of the challenging racer to overtake safely. Racers being lapped must yield as soon as safely possible.
11. Lights must be turned-on at 8 PM, Friday.
12. Short cutting the course is not allowed. This will result in immediate disqualification.
13. Quiet hours will be imposed from 11 pm until 7 a.m. During this time, noise must be kept to a minimum.
14. Order of finish is determined by number of laps, then by time.
15. Once results are posted, teams will have 15 minutes to challenge results at which time they will become official. We recommend that you monitor your team’s progress and compare it with the “official scorers” as the event is progressing to avoid any problems at the conclusion.
16.One person must be designated as the Captain of the team to ensure the team is registered correctly (information is correct), and to deal with event officials in the event of problems or concerns.
17. The event director has final say in any ruling, including rulings made by staff/volunteers.
Additional rules or changes may be added as questions arise, so please continue to check this site for updates.
For safety reasons, the event reserves the right to cancel or change a portion of the course, pause or cancel the event if inclement weather or dangerous conditions exist. If cancelled, final results will be based on completed laps at the time the event was called.
TIMING & RESULTS
Finish Order is determined by number of laps, then time. Teams/Solo’s must complete their race within the 24 hour time limit-any laps finished after the 24 hour time limit WILL NOT count toward the total. No laps may start after the official finishing hour. Teams and solo’s may choose to stop and rest at anytime during the event but must re-enter where they originally exited. The team/solo (in its category) with the most laps is first. If teams have the same number of laps, the team that took less time within the above guidelines, wins.
Solo’s and teams may complete their race at any time during the 24 Hrs and will be credited with laps completed to that point to determine placing. Solo’s and teams do not have to finish within the above time constraints but must ride at least 6 laps to qualify for awards.
Numbers may not be cut, folded, altered or defaced in any way. The event will timing chips in 2011. All protests must be filed within 15 minutes of preliminary results posting. All signed, official results are FINAL. No protests will be accepted, nor will results be adjusted after the event. Athletes must be in attendance at the awards ceremony to receive their medals and prizes. Awards will not be mailed. Printed results will be overall places and lap times (but will not include specific rider times-please keep track of the laps that you ride in order to determine your lap time). Results be available on the web at www.elephantrockride.com on or after June 3, 2012
$225 Solo (male/female)
$385 2-3 Person Team (coed/male/female)
$535 4-5 Person Team (coed/male/female)
$645 6-8 Person Team (coed)
Deadline for early entry May 19, LATE ENTRY May 20-May 29, noon, ADD $10/SOLO and $30/TEAM
Team Fee Includes
* Specially designed OPTIC NERVE 24 Hrs of ERock socks/person
* Great refreshments
* Post race party
* “Tons” of great prizes
Course is a fast 8.25 mile loop, ridden clockwise on the Greenland Loop. Go to www.elephantrockride.com for a map.
Check-in/packet pick-up will be at Greenland Open Space, Friday, June 1, 1-6 PM (exit 167 on I-25). Socks, bike numbers, and rules will be available at this time. Race starts promptly at 6:30 PM, Friday and finishes Saturday evening, 6:30 pm. Race and enjoy the post event party!
The Optic Nerve 24 Hrs of ERock will be chip timed. All riders will be provided a chip that will be affixed to their shoes (with zip ties). Please plan on arriving with enough time to test your chip by walking across the timing mat in the timing tent. We will have staff available to assist you with placement of the chip as well as wire snips to remove it at the conclusion of the event.
Chip Timing Part 2
As riders enter the tent, they will be able to view on computer monitors (at the end of the tent), to see if their chip was recorded by the mat. This will eliminate the need to verbally acknowledge each lap by rider & staff. It will be the responsibility of the rider to view the monitors to make sure their bib and time are recorded. Computer staff/timers will be monitoring the computers to view the same.
Chip Timing Part 3
ALSO, we will only provide the chips and bike numbers to ONE RESPONSIBLE member of each team for disbursement (does not have to be the captain). That person must provide a credit card which will act as a deposit for the return of the timing chips ($25 for solo & 2-3 person teams, $50 for 4-5 & 6-8 person teams). Upon their return, the credit slip will be returned to that person. If not all chips are returned, the deposit will be kept to pay for the missing chips.
Camping and Car Camping is available adjacent to the transition area. PLEASE NOTE: Should the county invoke fire restrictions, a no burn policy will go into effect.
Carpooling is encouraged - parking by your campsite will be limited-if you are car camping (pick-up shell, small RV, etc) as part of your team camping, we will allow a vehicle in your area. This is open space and camping is only allowed by the Douglas County Open Space & Trails Dept. for this event, so there are no “specific” camping sites that you would normally find at a state park.
Awards will be presented to the top 3 teams/solo’s in each category. Random Prize drawings will also be held throughout the event.
Special Edition Cap
Don't miss out on your 2012 "special edition" cap. Our inaugural design is a mid crown, structured "trucker cap". Only a limited number are made, so order early as they are only $25.
Everyone receives a pair of socks with Registration.
This years jerseys will be sold directly through Shaver Sport. Please go to their web site at www.shaversport.com to order your 2012 jersey.
Minimum Age Requirement
All participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the waiver. Additionally, all participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian present on site for the duration of the event. Participants must be a minimum of 16 years of age.