2012 Zachary Manago's Ride in Paradise
|Saturday, July 07, 2012
Wahiawa off Kamehameha Hwy near Leilehua Rd (park at guard shack across Lehua Rd)
Wahiawa, Hawaii 96816
Event Organizer Website
|$0 - Donations Welcomed|
Zach’s Ride supports the Hawaii Bicycling League’s (HBL) Safety Education & Awareness Program to teach drivers and bicyclists to be safer on the roads. HBL’s mission is to get more people to ride bicycles for health, recreation and transportation through advocacy, education, and events. To find out more visit us at www.hbl.org or contact HBL email@example.com.
Rider Support & Rules
1. No Entry Fee. Donations encouraged for safety education but not required.
2. Bring your tools, tubes, and pumps. Support vehicle will help with minor repair supplies, pump, water, sports drink, snacks, and afternoon post-ride meal.
3. Riders will be given Bib Numbers for identification in case of emergency.
4. Safety First. Bicycle helmets mandatory. No headphones please
5. Not an endurance test. Cyclists will be encouraged to ride the city bus if completing ride is too strenuous.
6. Not a race. No passing ride leaders. Regroup at aid stations every 10-15 miles. Ride together with others.
Saturday July 7, 2012 Check www.hbl.org for updates
5:30 am (optional) Buses leave State Capitol/s Beretania
6:30 am Gather at Zach's Bike Memorial at Wahiawa off Kamehameha Hwy near Leilehua Rd - for a brief ceremony with Zach's family.
7:00 am Ride to Haleiwa and around Kaena Point
10:00 am Picnic/Swim at Yokohama Bay (Food provided - Bus to State Capitol at 12 noon)
11:00 am Continuing riders leave for Waianae
12 noon Waianae Police Station
1:30 pm Kapolei Police Station (snack)
3:30 pm Pearl Harbor Bike Path - Admiral's Boathouse (Open the gate!)
5:30 pm End at State Capitol for refreshments and speeches.
Sunday July 8, 2012 Check www.hbl.org for updates
6:45 am Gather at State Capitol - Memorial to Zach
7:30 am Start ride on King Street to Waikiki
8:00 am Waikiki Police Station
10:30 am Kailua Police Station
12 noon Kaneohe Police Station (Snacks provided - Bus to State Capitol 12:30 pm)
3 pm Kahuku Police Station
4 pm Celebration at Waimea (Waimea Bay Beach Park)
4 pm Buses leave for Honolulu